+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Possibility & Potential?

Z1746575

Feb 5, 2018
Hi all,

This is my first time using the forum and I am completely new to the idea of immigration in general let alone the Canadian one. I have done only a day's homework skimming through the internet and have ended up more confused than before.

I will try to present my scenario but my main question has two parts:
- Given my case, am I eligible?
- If so, what's the potential of me being selected. I have heard that Canadian immigration is really tough, convoluted and somewhat biased.

Following is my bio-data. Let me know if I miss anything important.
  • Citizenship: Pakistan
  • ToEFL: R30,L30,S28,W25 - 113/120
  • Birth Country: KSA
  • Marital Status: Single
  • Qualification: 16 years of education (BE)
  • Work Experience: Almost 7 years (irrelevant to qualification)
  • History: During the last two years of my undergraduate, I started working On and Off, part-time for different businesses as a daily wage employee. Due to this experience, after graduation, I was able to easily be considered for full time similar roles in reputable businesses like cashier at KFC, Warehouse Assistant at a local hypermarket, packaging line operator at a local pharmaceutical etc. So, I have 2 years of discontinuous part-time experience and then 5 years (almost) continuous full-time experience. Being a graduate degree holder, I was recently (November 2017) promoted to the position of Trainee Officer at a pharmaceutical company I had worked at previously as a packaging boy. Currently, I hold this position.
  • Even though I have a good work history, only the last 3 months are only somewhat relevant to my qualification and are appropriate to it. Otherwise I was always over qualified for all previous jobs, however due to a lack of jobs and an abundance of graduates this isn't surprising.
Given my case am I eligible for any immigration option available within Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Recommend you start by dedicating more time to researching Canada's immigration programs in detail. You can find this information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

As of now you do not qualify for Express Entry. TOEFL isn't accepted for Express Entry or any other Canadian immigration program.. You'll need to take either IELTS or CELPIP. Also, you must get your education officially assessed. You must also have at least one year of full time (or equivalent) paid work experience in a NOC A, B or 0 profession. Cashier at KFC and warehouse assistant are not jobs that meet this requirement.

Reactions: Pipis Husband

Z1746575

Feb 5, 2018
Recommend you start by dedicating more time to researching Canada's immigration programs in detail. You can find this information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

As of now you do not qualify for Express Entry. TOEFL isn't accepted for Express Entry or any other Canadian immigration program.. You'll need to take either IELTS or CELPIP. Also, you must get your education officially assessed. You must also have at least one year of full time (or equivalent) paid work experience in a NOC A, B or 0 profession. Cashier at KFC and warehouse assistant are not jobs that meet this requirement.
That's the exact website (the official source) I consulted. It's a work of art. Whoever made it, should be awarded the medal for the least ergonomic web design. ;)

But after hours of digging I managed to find some info about the NOC types or professions that I have experience in. In fact this is why I made this post.

Some provinces, such as PEI, have a special category (irrelevant to the Express Entry Program) for NOC level C & D jobs. It's usually dependent upon a job offer. But wouldn't I be offered one, or considered more seriously since I have experience in those sort of jobs.

As for the English language test, I can easily score a 7 band in IELTS without any preparation. And hopefully a 7.5 with some. It's just a matter of spending another 300 USD.