+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Picture Help

Sana111

Mar 8, 2024
Hi,
I am a dependent traveling on a parent's sponsorship with my parents. The photo for the processing I provided was with wearing lenses (the same color as my eyes, but one tone lighter because I wear glasses on a daily basis). Now that I need to resubmit the image for visa processing, should I submit the previous image or take a new picture without the lenses? I checked the PR page and there are no instructions that lenses cannot be used, so will this be an issue or not?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am a dependent traveling on a parent's sponsorship with my parents. The photo for the processing I provided was with wearing lenses (the same color as my eyes, but one tone lighter because I wear glasses on a daily basis). Now that I need to resubmit the image for visa processing, should I submit the previous image or take a new picture without the lenses? I checked the PR page and there are no instructions that lenses cannot be used, so will this be an issue or not?

Thanks
Remove classes or wear contact lenses without colour.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

Thanks
It's really not ideal.

BUT: my guess is that if it's only a slight tone or shade difference, likely will not matter at all. As it is photos are often printed such that tone/colour is not reliable, and anyway the docs printed by govt like PR card are often in black & white anyway. In future, try not to wear anything that alters your appearance.