+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration photos?

MonsterFX

Sep 24, 2008
Alright...here's another lame question :p

The checklist states to send 4 photos (which, I clearly didn't separate from the ones I needed strictly for medical purposes...I thought that's what they were talking about).

I have 3 leftover from the ones I took and submitted to the doctor....but, including the one on that paper they gave me which I send with my own application, that would make 4...does that work? hahaha

I'm just concerned that I'm going to need to take new ones that will (obviously), not match the ones I gave to the doctor yesterday.

Will this be a problem if I go take 4 new ones? :(

Jeez this whole thing is so confusing at times!

MonsterFX

Sep 24, 2008
ok wait how about this...

can I just take one of the pics I have leftover and go make a copy? That should work, right? :/

at least that way they'll all match :p

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I would say yes, you can get a copy made. In fact, the photographer can probably still provide you with another copy but I ran into a similar problem and I simply scanned the pic and printed one out on photo paper with my photo printer. Just be sure you get the dimensions right - they're particular about how big the actual pic is, and how big the image is, and where the chin is, etc. Read over the specs if you're going to do this.

However you do it, I'd switch out the "copy" you get with the photo on the medical form the DMP gave you to submit. I think it's more important that the four for immigration "match" in texture, tone, etc., than that the one on the DMP form matches 3 of the four. In fact, the DMP forms that we submitted didn't even include photos. We were required to take 5 to the DMP and she didn't give us any back.

GSI

Sep 30, 2008
Greetings,

I am also confused about the Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) photos. It sates 5 recent photos, taken within six months preceding the date of your examination. Are the dimension suppose to be 35mm x 45 mm (1 3/8 x 1 3/4) The instructions are not really clear about what type of photos they are requesting.

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
they are like passport photos taken by a qualified photographer/photo studio. best to bring the guide and show the photographer how the photo is done.
I have no problem giving them 4 passport photos and they have the same dimension required from the guide.

MonsterFX

Sep 24, 2008
oooooooh! That's a GREAT idea about gettin a copy and switching out the one on the DMP paper...I think that's exactly what I'm going to do :)

Thanks so much!!!

Brad_N

Oct 4, 2008
Hi All,

How I am confused about photo specifications!

The link that efut provided below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

is completely different to the one I used which can be found at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

I am applying for a family class sponsorship from England - is this the reason?

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
All visa photos have/uses the same specs no matter where u are applying from. These are the best examples from CIC website.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

Brad_N

Oct 4, 2008
OK but this is a completely different specification to

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

from the same website. I guess this is because its for a sponsorship application?

Brad_N

Oct 4, 2008
I don't know why, but on one specification the head must be between 25 - 35 mm and the other between 31-36 mm

They are different spefications.

I am only asking this because my head in my photos is 30mm which is compliant with one specifcation but in violation with the other.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Brad_N,
I'm going with the dimensions in IMM3906 Country Specific Instructions: Appendix B which states the head must be between 25 and 35 mm. It also is dated 08-2008 whereas the other form doesn't have a date on it, maybe it is old?

The hospital I talked to said that their DMP requires 4 photos sized 2"x2". I don't know if the medical photos are even suppose to be the same dimensions as the visa photos. I figure, ask what the DMP requires even though I'm still going to give them the visa sized photos according to CIC.

I'm losing my mind...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brad_N said:
I don't know why, but on one specification the head must be between 25 - 35 mm and the other between 31-36 mm

They are different spefications.

I am only asking this because my head in my photos is 30mm which is compliant with one specifcation but in violation with the other.
If you are not sure which specifications to use, you could try to go by both and make the head be between 31 and 35mm