+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration interview in Buffalo

editironce

Mar 2, 2012
I am a British Citizen married to a Canadian Citizen and we currently live in Toronto Canada.
I applied for Permanent Residence and my husband was approved to sponsor me.

I received my letter that says I have an interview scheduled in Buffalo, USA.
In the meantime, I have a Canadian Visitor Visa that says "THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY".
I have a couple of questions:
1. My interview letter says "Prior to your departure from Canada, if that is where you are presently living, you must ensure that you can re-enter Canada as this office will not facilitate your return."
After my interview, how do I get back in Canada?

2. Can I re-schedule my interview to happen in Canada? If so, what is the procedure?

Your input is very much appreciated.
Thank You

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check out this thread on Buffalo vo and you can find useful info about interviews: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-buffalo-applicants-t41886.0.html
When did you send your app?

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
1) You cannot travel to the USA on "implied status" and expect to return.
2) If you legally extended your stay you may travel to the USA and reenter using your extension document. You must honor the date on that document and return to Canada before that date
3) If you only entered once, check your passport, you must honor the date written into your passport. You may travel to the USA and return before that date.
4) If no date is written, only stamped you must be sure to return within six months of the day stamped on your passport.

In all cases, this is only good for a trip to the USA ( and one other country whose name I can't remember )

editironce

Mar 2, 2012
Thank you for the reply annabruce
My problem is not getting in usa( i am a british citizen)
But because i have been on a vizotor visa in canada for 3 years my question was * How do i get bak to canada after my interview

editironce

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks Quince777,

My application was sent in May of 2011 and the interview is scheduled for May 2012.

Also, please note that I am a British Citizen.

Thank you.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Wait a minute, I read your message too quickly. Sorry. How can you have a "visitor visa" and be a British Citizen? British Citizens don't require a visa to enter Canada.

Tell me exactly what document you have? Did you mean visitors record? What are the dates shown on that document? What is the date stamped on your passport when you last entered Canada? What is the date "written" under that stamp, if any.

"you return before the expiry of the period initially authorized for your entry or any extension to it, either as a visitor, student or worker."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5551E.PDF

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
As a British citizen, you don't require any visa to enter Canada. At least not from uk to Canada not sure about USA to Canada

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
nsr said:
As a British citizen, you don't require any visa to enter Canada. At least not from uk to Canada not sure about USA to Canada
Yes, the OP meant to say Visitor's Record (not visa), that extended his original stay. I read his OP too quickly. My fault. There should be date on that record that tells you to leave canada by that date. OP, you should have no issue travelling back and forth from Canada to the USA so long as you do your travels before the date shown on your visitor's record.

Because he's a British Citizen, I am almost certain that his extension document is valid no matter where he goes, even a visit home to Britain.

editironce

Mar 2, 2012
annabruce
Yes i need a visitor visa to stay in canada because i have already been here for 3 years.Im only suppose to stay 6 months
So when i send my application for permanent residence i also need it a visa to stay here and wait for my application.So i got a visitor visa until august 2012 which say *THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY"

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
editironce said:
annabruce
Yes i need a visitor visa to stay in canada because i have already been here for 3 years.Im only suppose to stay 6 months
So when i send my application for permanent residence i also need it a visa to stay here and wait for my application.So i got a visitor visa until august 2012 which say *THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY"
Question: how were you able to get an interview in the US rather than in Great Britain?

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
editironce said:
annabruce
This is not a visa; its a visitor's record. So long as you return before the "must leave" date shown on that document, you will be allowed in.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After your interview when entering Canada, you'll be required to get a new visitor record. It'll be up to immigration canada at the border control to decide whether to issue it or not. Just explain them your situation. Visitor record is not valid for re-enter (it should say on it). So when you leave the country and come back each time you have to apply for a new visitor record.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a chance you might be approved for a PR right after your interview if everything goes well (it will be up to your interviewing officer). Then you don't have to worry about extending your visitor record ;)
Maybe you should also post your question in Buffalo thread, as there are some 'oldies' who might be able to help you better as they already have experience.