+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Fraud

morti

Jan 27, 2022
From an immigration perspective, the only option you have is to submit a report to CBSA:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html

You will want to be able to provide evidence of the accusations you are making. It will be up to CBSA if they action the report or not.

CBSA will not get involved in getting your money back. If that is something you want to pursue, you need to do that through the court system and will need to hire a lawyer.
Thanks for swift response/tips. Yes, we did report to CBSE. We are helpless, she is threatening him for financial support for 2 more year. We know learned that she is actively engaged in extra marital affairs while she was in India and waiting for application is being processed. Sponsorship application is approved Oct 2021 and she arrived November 2021.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for swift response/tips. Yes, we did report to CBSE. We are helpless, she is threatening him for financial support for 2 more year. We know learned that she is actively engaged in extra marital affairs while she was in India and waiting for application is being processed. Sponsorship application is approved Oct 2021 and she arrived November 2021.
Unfortunately, from an immigration perspective, there is nothing more you can do beyond the report to CBSA.

However, if there is new evidence that becomes available (e.g. she sends an email or text with these threats), you should certainly contact CBSA and provide them with the new evidence. Continue to do that regularly if you have new evidence.

Based on what we've seen on this forum, it normally take many months for CBSA to investigate. They also will not provide you with any updates on the case since this information is viewed as confidential. Your brother's ex will also be provided with an opporunity to defend her case.

I'm sorry for your situation.

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
I sponsored my wife but she left me after landing, we were together for only a month and 12 days in Canada. She moved to another province to live with her aunt. We didn't consummate the marriage because of FGM complication.

This what i have reported so far to CBSA.

Marriage of Convenience
  • I sent our conversation where i asked her to tell me the reason she is leaving and her reply was "without a reason".
  • Brief summary of what happened after she landed.

Misrepresentation on the Application
  • She lied about her age (She claimed to be 5 years older). I sent our conversation where she tells me her real age, hospital bill with her real age, her facebook profile and youtube description.
  • She hid the fact that she applied for family immigration to a European country 2 years before applying to Canada.
  • She lied about her past residence for 2 years.
  • She didn't mention all of her half siblings in the application

My main fear is she going to collect welfare since she doesn't have any experience or education to work in Canada. I am planning to annul the marriage but that is not going invalidate the undertaking.

Is there anything more i can do to make CBSA start investigating this case? What is the likely outcome? What is your advice?
If you can find her, report her to the police as well, and then also file a civil lawsuit against her for damages and fraud.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Just really strange, their application had so many lies and it was granted. The good always suffers for the bad.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Very frustrating, victim is being further victimized, no recourse for victim. The system need to change.
The system was different several years ago to prevent these circumstances. It was called conditional PR. Everyone complained about conditional PR so it was canceled.