+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration changed interview decision?

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

I had my interview changed from Mexico to Brazil as per the request of my lawyer. The interview was supposed to be in January this year in Mexico, but we requested to change to Brazil (my country). After 7 months of waiting for the new interview date, yesterday I received an email with an update from Brazil but not scheduling the interview, but asking just for a few documents (updated family information and proof of relationship). Does anyone know if this means that the interview will be skipped or its just a normal request and then the interview will be scheduled?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

I had my interview changed from Mexico to Brazil as per the request of my lawyer. The interview was supposed to be in January this year in Mexico, but we requested to change to Brazil (my country). After 7 months of waiting for the new interview date, yesterday I received an email with an update from Brazil but not scheduling the interview, but asking just for a few documents (updated family information and proof of relationship). Does anyone know if this means that the interview will be skipped or its just a normal request and then the interview will be scheduled?
That is hard to say. With what you submit as per their request it might be enough to satisfy their concerns that prompted the interview request in the first place. Proof of relationship is normally a big reason for them to request an interview, give them all the proof you have then you will have to wait and see.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

Agree that no-one outside can know, but there is a chance will result in cancelled interview. Order your gcms notes either way.

Of course, they might come after some decision made, but still better to order (in event that they do decide to proceed with interview).

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks guys! Yes, I just ordered the notes to see what is going on, but I was surprised that after almost one year of waiting for a new date for the interview, they now want to request new proof of relationship. Let`s hope they cancel this interview hehehe

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks guys! Yes, I just ordered the notes to see what is going on, but I was surprised that after almost one year of waiting for a new date for the interview, they now want to request new proof of relationship. Let`s hope they cancel this interview hehehe
That's one reason why sometimes it can be helpful to order gcms notes - if you discover the reason for delay or pending interview is relationship proof, sending additional info (unprompted) can get them to decide to proceed without the interview.

IRCC very much seems to want to avoid interviews or reschedule interviews for virtual - presumably just because the interview process is time consuming and costly (for IRCC). (it does seem to take ages to schedule interview, too)

Note, I'm not saying everyone should bombard IRCC with more relationship evidence - but that if process is delayed and/or interview requested, it makes sense to order gcms notes and if relationship is reason, THEN provide more info / evidence via webform.