+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration by Marriage

TTMK

Feb 10, 2009
I always thought people can become permanent residents instantly after marriage with a Canadian Citizen, is that false?

If seeking PR, OHIP, and all those other goodies you have to send in an immigration application after (marriage), right?

Does the immigration application require a sponsor or something? (I'm guessing spouse sponsoring.)

swents8

Feb 2, 2009
I don't think the current laws should change. It appears to me that they are checking to see if marriages are fake. I just wish it was quicker. It took my uncle's wife almost 2 years to get the immigrant visa. I understand the need to check for fraud but my marriage is legit and it was almost like a punishment to have to wait that long.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TTMK said:
What if your marriage is legit but they think it's a fraud? Do you know?
They refuse and give you the right of appeal to the Immigration Appeal Board, where you have to prove the marriage is genuine.

PMM

TTMK

Feb 10, 2009
PMM said:
They refuse and give you the right of appeal to the Immigration Appeal Board, where you have to prove the marriage is genuine.

PMM
Do they ask you questions? How would you prove a genuine marriage?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TTMK said:
They would ask you a bunch of questions about your spouse and your spouses family that you should be able to answer most of if it was a genuine marriage.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
TTMK said:
PMM said:

PMM
Would a child in common do the trick?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

links18 said:
TTMK said:
PMM said:

PMM
Would a child in common do the trick?
Nope, just proves you are fertile.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Ok,I will give some questions asked from my last couple,But they CHANGE,mainly done to ask questions only people living together could answer.SEPARATELY interviewed,What did you do on your first date???When did you first talk to or meet your partners parents,Names of your pets and describe them,What is your partners Favorite Breakfast food?How many times and When does your partner Poop?,Favorite Flavor of ice cream,Does your partner snore??Get the picture Fake Marraiges will have a hard time slipping by