+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration after misrepresentation??

Xander221

Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

I applied for federal skilled worker program in 2012 and got rejection due to misrepresentation in 2014 with 2 years ban which was completed in 2016.

Misrepresentation was due to providing fake working experience in the category in which I never worked but only showed experience in it because that time immigration was profession based.

Now my ban is over already and I want to apply for immigration again with 100% authentic information.

- Pease suggest if I should apply again?
- Will I get another rejection because of past history?
- Shall I explain something about my past rejection in the new application?

Thanks for your help.

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Since you have served your ban time, nothing stops you from re-applying. Your past is your past and cannot be change. Move on and re-apply. I see no reason why you will be rejected if you have all your genuine documents.
In my opinion, there's no Need for explanation. They have the information already if they need them.
Good luck and all the best

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
I agree with everything FMT says about reapplying, except there is a section where you are asked if you have applied before. so you will need to come clean about everything and have a very very strong convincing case this time around. all the best.

PARS60

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
10-7-13
Hi all I have a similar case of misrepresentation.
Me and daughter were banned for two years as we showed her working period as study. Her enrolment was not verified as she left the study midway to take the job. The ban is over Now she wish to apply for PR herself. How to overcome the overlapping period of showing study.
Shall be obliged if u guide how to tackle the problem
Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all I have a similar case of misrepresentation.
Me and daughter were banned for two years as we showed her working period as study. Her enrolment was not verified as she left the study midway to take the job. The ban is over Now she wish to apply for PR herself. How to overcome the overlapping period of showing study.
Shall be obliged if u guide how to tackle the problem
Thanks
As misrepresentation has been detected and punished in the past, the new application has to be scrupulously honest and correct. It will be subjected to very close scrutiny. Therefore, enter exact dates and lists of what was being done. If she was working illegally, she will have to declare that.

The misrepresentation ban is now 5 years.

PARS60

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
10-7-13
But how to handle the overlapped period. Any suggestions please

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
But how to handle the overlapped period. Any suggestions please
Did she indeed study? I may be totally wrong, but i remember glancing at someone saying that working while being a full time student would not count towards working for immigration purpose. Other than that, i guess just mark it as study period and gain enough work experience after completing studies to be able to apply.

PARS60

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
10-7-13
She was studying till the ist sem and arranged to sit for exam for the second sem there after did not allow further and she left her studies as the PR case was not being finalised for long time and she could not afford to leave a good job here in India. The outcome ofpr application was not certain

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
She was studying till the ist sem and arranged to sit for exam for the second sem there after did not allow further and she left her studies as the PR case was not being finalised for long time and she could not afford to leave a good job here in India. The outcome ofpr application was not certain
How did IRCC know that she was working instead of studying? Is it through the ECA?

PARS60

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
10-7-13
Her studies could not be verified by CIC as the time of verifying her name was removed. They checked online

PARS60

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
10-7-13
PR as depending child