+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrate at 54 ?

Mandy10

Dec 27, 2009
I am 54 years old and have 3 daughters, aged 25, 20 and 17, all being my dependents. Can any one, with a good knowledge of immigration rules, tell me whether I stand any chance if I apply for immigration to Qebec. My daugheters and I are perfectly fluent in French and English.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do the self assessment at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

The 25 yo. will not be considered a dependent unless she is a full time student since before the age of 22 and continues to be one until she gets her PR and also remains single and is financially dependent on you. The others are considered dependent as long as you apply before they turn 22 and they also remain single until they get their PR.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mandy10 said:
I am 54 years old and have 3 daughters, aged 25, 20 and 17, all being my dependents. Can any one, with a good knowledge of immigration rules, tell me whether I stand any chance if I apply for immigration to Qebec. My daugheters and I are perfectly fluent in French and English.
Well, depending on your skills and other factors, but to the best of my knowledge, Quebec is going mostly for younger applications below 35. Check the Quebec immigration website.
If your children are working, they should instead apply the have a better chance to qualify.
Hope it helps.

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
pls stay in y country sir ..and enjoy life ....they like only young people ...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can say they like young people more but there is a points system. If you have enough points in other categories, the age doesn't matter.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
anumatri said:
pls stay in y country sir ..and enjoy life ....they like only young people ...
He can help his children to migrate , if they are interested. Then they can sponsor him later.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
If what I hear is true about the length of time it takes to sponsor parents, it would be best to immigrate now if you have sufficient points and wish to keep your family together.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As well as the children are still too young to have the required education and work experience to immigrate. Maybe one will make it and yrs. later another, the family could be split up for a long time.

G2009

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
Yes you can apply. Age is no bar and the applicant can not be rejected on age basis as it is "age discrimnation" which is not permitted by law. The only doubt which VO can have for rejection which usually is in such cases that Vo is convinced that candidate will not be able to "ecnomcally estalish" at that age ie getting job, contribution to skill for which the candidate is applying etc.etc.

In such cases usually Vo will call the candidate for interview and it is convincing of the VO which will decide acceptance or denial. There is no harm in applying and try your luck. The fees will be non refundable if your application becomes eligible and goes in to processing.This you have to decide by considering "Risk/Reward" depending on your financial situation. I know both types of cases at your age and even older accepted and rejected.

Try your luck if you are convinced you have sufficient skills and resources to economically establish yourself and family in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

G2009 said:
Yes you can apply. Age is no bar and the applicant can not be rejected on age basis as it is "age discrimnation" which is not permitted by law. The only doubt which VO can have for rejection which usually is in such cases that Vo is convinced that candidate will not be able to "ecnomcally estalish" at that age ie getting job, contribution to skill for which the candidate is applying etc.etc.

In such cases usually Vo will call the candidate for interview and it is convincing of the VO which will decide acceptance or denial. There is no harm in applying and try your luck. The fees will be non refundable if your application becomes eligible and goes in to processing.This you have to decide by considering "Risk/Reward" depending on your financial situation. I know both types of cases at your age and even older accepted and rejected.

Try your luck if you are convinced you have sufficient skills and resources to economically establish yourself and family in Canada.
1. You realize that the OP would get 0 out of 10 points for age?

G2009

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
Yes I do but still he may be able to score 67. He of course has to do home work. Everyone does as 67 is must for anyone to apply.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The OP is actually considering Quebec immigration which means that there is a different scoring system, see http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Still, without the points for age, it is possible to have enough points in other categories to pass the mark. It just depends on other factors like education and work experience.