+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5744 - Who signs section C.4 (Signature of representative)

james18666

Feb 26, 2015
I am trying to fill out a IMM5744 in order to get CAIPS notes for my girlfriend's denied TRV. I don't understand who should sign section C part 4. It seems like it should be the applicant (same signature as section A) because there is an instruction to authorize IRCC to release personal information to the individual named above (section C part 3) but the signature line says "signature of representative". Who is the representative?

It seems this form was updated in July 2016. All the examples I can find online are using the old version of the form without this "signature of representative."

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pgp2011 said:
Were you able to figure this out? I have the same problem.
1. Well it asks for the signature of the representative, then the representative signs it.

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. Well it asks for the signature of the representative, then the representative signs it.
What if we don't have representative? Does it need to be signed by the principal applicant or the person in Canada who is requesting GCM notes on behalf of the PA?

crazydreamer

Dec 21, 2016
james18666 said:
I am trying to fill out a IMM5744 in order to get CAIPS notes for my girlfriend's denied TRV. I don't understand who should sign section C part 4. It seems like it should be the applicant (same signature as section A) because there is an instruction to authorize IRCC to release personal information to the individual named above (section C part 3) but the signature line says "signature of representative". Who is the representative?

It seems this form was updated in July 2016. All the examples I can find online are using the old version of the form without this "signature of representative."
James, did you get a solution to your problem because I'm stuck with the same problem :(

crazydreamer

Dec 21, 2016
Heyyyyyaaa Guys,

I just got my CAIPS notes, there were no answers here so I decided to apply anyhow and find out for myself and it turned out successful Smiley

So, I'll share my understanding on how to fill it.

Section A - Is the information of the person's information you require from CIC.

Section B - If the person also requires information or updates regarding their spouse's application from the notes. Should fill the spouse's information there.

Section C - Is the information of the Canadian resident applying for the notes on your behalf. Signature of representative has to be his signature.

Section D - Is required to be filled by the parent of the person if the person is below 18 yrs old.

I hope this helps you guys :) :)