+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5669e Question 6

bteo1

Sep 5, 2019
Question 6: Personal History
Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.
Start with the most recent information. Under "Activity", write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing.

I graduated high school May 2014 and started university August 2018. Between May and August, I travelled to Europe for 3 weeks visiting 6 cities in 5 countries and I went to Thailand for a week. What should I put for these 3 months as it says that I shouldn't leave any gaps. Unemployed? Summer vacation? Should I list all the places I travelled to? If I do, I'll have a lot of overlapping dates as I jumped from one city to another within the month of June. I hold a Singapore passport. Your advise is much appreciated. Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Simple terms: don't overthink this. If you were travelling for a particular month, write 'travelling.' If whatever activity was less than a full month, put whatever your were doing for most (more than half) of that month. You do not need to list every address or country if you were travelling for a month, your residence address in your home country is unchanged (note: I'm referring to personal history on this form, not the travel history form which is separate).

Your above is not particularly clear as to which year you are referring to, after high school or after university. But it's okay to put unemployed or vacation or travelling (as long as truthful) - although I don't recall if that particular section has a limited number of choices. If you believe the information in that particular section is not sufficient, attach a letter of explanation.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Question 6: Personal History
Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.
Start with the most recent information. Under "Activity", write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing.

I graduated high school May 2014 and started university August 2018. Between May and August, I travelled to Europe for 3 weeks visiting 6 cities in 5 countries and I went to Thailand for a week. What should I put for these 3 months as it says that I shouldn't leave any gaps. Unemployed? Summer vacation? Should I list all the places I travelled to? If I do, I'll have a lot of overlapping dates as I jumped from one city to another within the month of June. I hold a Singapore passport. Your advise is much appreciated. Thanks!
Unemployed/travelling because your detailed travel history in another form IMM 5562 (at least for my country)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

Last edited: