+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5406 : is leaving email address ok? I left email address blank for my parents and siblings but I have put mine in my personal field

JSK880

Jul 26, 2024
is leaving email address ok? I left email address blank for my parents and siblings but I have put mine in my personal field. Many people who got PR said it is okay to leave it empty but I want to reconfirm. Is someone here who got his/her file returned due to this reason?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
is leaving email address ok? I left email address blank for my parents and siblings but I have put mine in my personal field. Many people who got PR said it is okay to leave it empty but I want to reconfirm. Is someone here who got his/her file returned due to this reason?
I don’t think so your application will be returned due to this issue. It completely depends on officer checking your application. Some of them are really picky about certain things. Meanwhile you can send webform filling form again and in this section you can fill N/A and submit it .

JSK880

Jul 26, 2024
I don’t think so your application will be returned due to this issue. It completely depends on officer checking your application. Some of them are really picky about certain things. Meanwhile you can send webform filling form again and in this section you can fill N/A and submit it .

IMM5406e webform

1. I am filling webform as I left email id for my parents and siblings as blank and skipped writing Not Applicable. I want to ask that I don't have any last name (Family name) and in the form it says fill according to the passport/travel documents. However, in other forms and while creating the OINP nomination, it was said that you must write your name in family name and leave given name as blank if you don't have family name. I am confused what should be done here?

2,. My mom has her last name in my passport but not in her passport. Should I fill the details according to my passport or according to her passport?

JSK880

Jul 26, 2024
I think i answered this in other thread.
Hi @Miss bee no the following question hasn’t been answered. I am filing a webform for this

IMM5406e webform

1. I am filling webform as I left email id for my parents and siblings as blank and skipped writing Not Applicable. I want to ask that I don't have any last name (Family name) and in the form it says fill according to the passport/travel documents. However, in other forms and while creating the OINP nomination, it was said that you must write your name in family name and leave given name as blank if you don't have family name. I am confused what should be done here?

2,. My mom has her last name in my passport but not in her passport. Should I fill the details according to my passport or according to her passport?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Don't do this. Follow the advice above. What you did was fine.

Just decide. If it's not entirely clear, write a letter of explanation.

JSK880

Jul 26, 2024
Don't do this. Follow the advice above. What you did was fine.

@armoured you mean there is no need to fill a webform and leaving parents and siblings email id blank is alright?

Just decide. If it's not entirely clear, write a letter of explanation.
@armoured I have already provided an affidavit was only asking for the webform. So there is no need to correct right? It is okay to leave email id blank for parents and siblings correct?

@armoured you mean there is no need to fill a webform and leaving parents and siblings email id blank is alright?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi @Miss bee no the following question hasn’t been answered. I am filing a webform for this

IMM5406e webform

1. I am filling webform as I left email id for my parents and siblings as blank and skipped writing Not Applicable. I want to ask that I don't have any last name (Family name) and in the form it says fill according to the passport/travel documents. However, in other forms and while creating the OINP nomination, it was said that you must write your name in family name and leave given name as blank if you don't have family name. I am confused what should be done here?https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4#

2,. My mom has her last name in my passport but not in her passport. Should I fill the details according to my passport or according to her passport? Everything should be according to her passport.