+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5257 barcode

LIZA2016

May 11, 2016
I have downloaded the form IMM5257.
(Not from the GCKey site, because that link has not worked for the past three weeks, but from immigrationdirect.ca - I have reported it as a technical error, and then got an email telling me to follow the steps below, which I did with no success.)
I have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
I have cleared all cookies, etc, as suggested.
I have filled in all the fields indicated.

My questions:
1. When I press validate, the form responds that it was validated and that barcodes are generated, but in reality no barcodes are generated. What now?
2. If I cannot save the information, how do I upload the form to GCKEY? Will it be possible to save the file after the barcodes are generated?

AaronR

Apr 10, 2016
We are having exactly the same problem.

We have tried with the latest versions of both Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Reader XI and they do not generate the bar codes.

Somebody mentioned in an older thread that the document is not supposed to generate bar codes, only validate. Can someone confirm?

LIZA2016

May 11, 2016
In the end, the problem seemed to have been with MacBook. If possible, try using someone else's computer. Try until you find a computer that will work, preferably not an Apple.

Do download the form from the GCKey site, because that is the only form that will generate barcodes after validated. Do not download it onto a flashdrive, but save it to the computer itself.

Good luck. It was so frustrating!

shubha.s.6666

Mar 9, 2019
Can someone suggest how to make this work on Windows 10? Only Adobe DC Reader is available for Windows. Foxit reader also did not generate barcode on individual pages