+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM0008 - National Identity Card Crisis

May 28, 2023
Hi

So I have a question. I am currently filling out the IMM0008 and have a bit of an issue.

The form requires a national identity document. I'm from Poland and moved to the UK when I was 15 so I never obtained the Dowód osobisty (Identity card). I have a Polish passport and a UK driving license (which confirms my date of birth and place of birth). On Wikipedia in the section discussing Poland and the national identity card it states that "in many circumstances, a Polish passport may be used as an equivalent form of identification."

So, in order to progress the application(as I can't submit it until I provide some National Identity card details), should I reenter my passport details?

My question is whether anyone had a similar situation or if there is any advice that anyone has as to how to approach it?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi

So I have a question. I am currently filling out the IMM0008 and have a bit of an issue.

The form requires a national identity document. I'm from Poland and moved to the UK when I was 15 so I never obtained the Dowód osobisty (Identity card). I have a Polish passport and a UK driving license (which confirms my date of birth and place of birth). On Wikipedia in the section discussing Poland and the national identity card it states that "in many circumstances, a Polish passport may be used as an equivalent form of identification."

So, in order to progress the application(as I can't submit it until I provide some National Identity card details), should I reenter my passport details?

My question is whether anyone had a similar situation or if there is any advice that anyone has as to how to approach it?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Submit with a short letter of explanation why you don't have the dowod osobisty, include also a copy of the UK driving license. Should be fine.

May 28, 2023
Submit with a short letter of explanation why you don't have the dowod osobisty, include also a copy of the UK driving license. Should be fine.
Thank you so much! I kinda figured that might be the case, but I just wanted to double check. I think I will submit the same details for my passport in that particular entry (as otherwise there is no way of submitting the bloody document).

Thank you!

Reactions: armoured