+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5604, Does it expire?

Sheva789

Jun 11, 2018
The IMM 5604 or DECLARATION FROM NON-ACCOMPANYING PARENT/GUARDIAN FOR MINORS IMMIGRATING TO CANADA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I just have a quick question. Does form # IMM 5604 expire? What if this form was signed 7 months ago, and I would like to start and send in my spouse sponsorship in 2019?
Thank you.

Drapath88

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Some time ago I read that for the ircc the signatures on the documents are valid for 90 days from the date indicated next to the signature.
You should also verify that there is no an updated version of that form.

Reactions: Sheva789

Goku_Son

Sep 14, 2018
Sorry to reopen this thread. I need this information too, but I couldn't find an official statement saying that IMM 5604 expires in 90 days. Do you guys have any official source please?

I really need this information.

Thanks a lot.

Drapath88

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Sorry to reopen this thread. I need this information too, but I couldn't find an official statement saying that IMM 5604 expires in 90 days. Do you guys have any official source please?

I really need this information.

Thanks a lot.
I read that here in the forum, at the beginning of this year when I was preparing my file. But I don't remember the specific thread.

If I remember correctly someone wrote that their file was returned. They received an attached letter with their file stating that the reason why it was returned was due to the signatures on the forms because they had been signed for more than 90 days and were already considered invalid.This applied to all forms, not only IMM 5604.

I'm not sure if that happened to other applicants or if it happened recently.

Reactions: Goku_Son

Goku_Son

Sep 14, 2018
I read that here in the forum, at the beginning of this year when I was preparing my file. But I don't remember the specific thread.

If I remember correctly someone wrote that their file was returned. They received an attached letter with their file stating that the reason why it was returned was due to the signatures on the forms because they had been signed for more than 90 days and were already considered invalid.This applied to all forms, not only IMM 5604.

I'm not sure if that happened to other applicants or if it happened recently.
Thanks a lot Drapath88.

InfinityFaith

Jun 22, 2019
Hi,
Just want to clarify, if there's no expiration, meaning if formed is signed 2018 and i want to submit it by Dec 2019, would it still be valid?

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi,
Just want to clarify, if there's no expiration, meaning if formed is signed 2018 and i want to submit it by Dec 2019, would it still be valid?
my submitted form was signed March 2018 ,scanned and emailed March 2019 notarized IMM5604 has no expiration .

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi everyone.
I was wondering. I have full custody of my son, yet the IRCC sent me a request for a non-accompanying parent, which is not a problem, my question is in the emergency contact number and place they need the non-accompanying parent number and his location, right?
His father is in another country, so is it ok if Notary public stamp is in a language other than English?

chloe@1982

Aug 9, 2024
Hi, Just want to clarify I have IMM 5604 signed and notarized November 2023, will it still be valid if I submit this document next month?