+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5562 - Your travels

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
Hi,

I am applying from France so need to fill IMM 5562.

The form states the following:
List all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years.

Question 1

What happens if the PA has multiple countries of residence during the last 10 years?
For example someone born in country A and lived in country B and C

While the person lived in country B: only list trips outside of A (origin) and B (residence)
While the person lived in country C: only list trips outside of A (origin) and C (residence)

Is my understanding OK?

For example my spouse was born in Russia then lived in Finland for years then lived in France for years. These 3 countries are either origin (she has Russian and Finnish citizenship) or residence (France).

Question 2
Also I keep reading that the sponsor has to fill this form but this makes no sense to me.
Part B of the form asks the travels for the spouse/common-law (spouse can be sponsor but the top of the form mentions that this form must be filled by the PA)

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1. taken outside your country of origin or of residence

you may choose country of origin.....and provide trips out of country of origin.

2. form should be filled by the PA......as sponsor i will fill section B to avoid any unnecessary issues.

mm_ontario

Jan 30, 2019
1. taken outside your country of origin or of residence

you may choose country of origin.....and provide trips out of country of origin.

2. form should be filled by the PA......as sponsor i will fill section B to avoid any unnecessary issues.

I also have the same question regarding Q. 2.b - Travels for the spouse who is the Sponsor himself(Myself). Now does this mean that I should put in my travel from my country of birth to Canada when I first immigrated?
"....taken outside your country of origin" - here this means my trip from my country of birth to Canada (outside my country of origin) - is that right?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
you only have one country of origin which is different from your country of residence.......although i would recommend sponsor filling the form.....its not mandatory for the sponsor to fill this form

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
Hello Friends:

If someone could clarify on filling this IMM 5562 form. I am applying for my wife's spousal sponsorship and she as a principal applicant has to fill this form. On her part (Part A), she doesn't have any travel outside her country of origin. So she has checked-in did not travel box.

Coming to Part B - THIS IS WHERE I HAVE CONFUSION, where she has to feed in her spouse's travel history i.e. me, the Sponsor in this case.

Now, I am Citizen of India and I acquired Canadian PR in 2019. So, should she mention travel history only outside India and Canada or should she consider India as my country of origin (a reference point) and mention all travel history there onwards.

Just to be more clear, I will share my tentative travel history so someone can guide me:
From
YYYY-MM
To
YYYY-MM
Length
Days
DestinationPurpose of travel
2021-03CurrentN/ACanadaPermanent Resident
2020-112021-03100IndiaMarriage
2019-092020-11420CanadaPermanent Resident
2016-122016-125ThailandWork

I am not sure, if above table is correct. The instructions clearly states 'all trips taken outside the country of origin or residence in the last ten years' I understand that I should include trip only to Thailand and remove all other trips between India and Canada.

Or I should take Canadian residence ship as my basis and mention travel to India and Thailand only.

Your clarification will be highly appreciated.

Thank You.