+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5481 Sponsorship Evaluation

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello,

I am applying for my child PR sponsorship and I am confused on what do I need to update for the following question on IMM5481 Sponsorship Evaluation\\\

The question is as follows

6A) Enter every other family member not included above and dependent on you (or the co signor if you have one) financially, whether they are living with you or not?\\

Should I consider my mother to fall in ths category? If possible, I do intend to sponsor for PR when IRCC accepts new Parents PR program. By not adding her in this section now, I dont want to lose out on opportunity to sponsor her in future

Pls do let me know?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
6A) Enter every other family member not included above and dependent on you (or the co signor if you have one) financially, whether they are living with you or not?\\

Should I consider my mother to fall in ths category? If possible, I do intend to sponsor for PR when IRCC accepts new Parents PR program. By not adding her in this section now, I dont want to lose out on opportunity to sponsor her in future

Pls do let me know?
The question is purely about those who are financially dependent on you now. Your mother does not need to be included/counted at this section unless she is actually financially dependent on you.

(And you can sponsor a parent, if selected, who is not financially dependent on you anyway)

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
The question is purely about those who are financially dependent on you now. Your mother does not need to be included/counted at this section unless she is actually financially dependent on you.

(And you can sponsor a parent, if selected, who is not financially dependent on you anyway)
If I dont add my mother under the financial dependent section now, will I still be able to sponsor her in future for PR under PGP PR program? I dont want to miss out on this opportunity just because I did not declare her in this sponsorship evaluation form

Also, I am sure I declared my mother as non accompanying family when I filed for own PR application in 2022.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If I dont add my mother under the financial dependent section now, will I still be able to sponsor her in future for PR under PGP PR program? I dont want to miss out on this opportunity just because I did not declare her in this sponsorship evaluation form

Also, I am sure I declared my mother as non accompanying family when I filed for own PR application in 2022.
Yes, that was the point of what I wrote above.

I doubt you included your mother as non-accompanying. But doesn't matter for present purposes.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Yes, that was the point of what I wrote above.

I doubt you included your mother as non-accompanying. But doesn't matter for present purposes.
I am still not clear if I should be adding my mother's name ? In case if I dont mention her name as financially dependent on me, will I still be allowed to sponsor for future Parent Grandparents PR program?

I checked my PR application and I know I did mention her as non accompanying family member when I applied for PR for myself.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am still not clear if I should be adding my mother's name ? In case if I dont mention her name as financially dependent on me, will I still be allowed to sponsor for future Parent Grandparents PR program?

I checked my PR application and I know I did mention her as non accompanying family member when I applied for PR for myself.
I believe I wrote twice that you should include your mother IF she is financially dependent on you. If that's not clear, I can't help you.

If you included your mother as non-accompanying family member before, honestly, I suggest you should pay for professional assistance. There are close to zero circumstances in which that would have been the way to proceed. If you are (were) an adult when you applied, your mother is (was) no longer part of your immediate family.