+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information.

Kevin4097

Jan 9, 2021
Hello, I am hoping someone can answer this question:
I am the applicant, but I will be traveling to Canada from the USA and filing inland spousal sponsorship with my wife (canadian citizen). On Form 5406, for MY present address, would I put my US address or my wifes address in canada where I will be staying? I'm confused because I am technically on a visitor visa at the time of submission of the application. I have this question for personal history on form IMM5669e and IMM5562-travel history as well.

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
My wife is Permanent Resident and she is going to sponsor me. While filling Additional Family Information form section A, in spouse row they are asking for present address. So my question is that which address we should write as she has not travelled to Canada yet? Will there be any problem if we write home country address?

Jimmyjones90

Mar 18, 2021
Good day everyone,

I kindly want to ask if anyone knew/experienced a returned application because of imm5406 for a reason that they forgot to indicate/type Brother or Sister under Relationship section, but the rest of the information such as brother’/sister’s name, DOB, country&territory of birth, Marital status, E-mail addres and present address are all been provided. It’s just that Relationship info that they forgot to type.
Thank you.
Did your application go through? Or was it returned? I did the same mistake! Thanks

Jimmyjones90

Mar 18, 2021
Hello,
I forgot to indicate Brother or Sister under relationship section, I am wondering is it will lead the application return? I submit my application based on PNP Paper.

Could you advise?

Thanks
Was your application returned? Sincerely guy who made same mistake and is worrying on the couch

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
"Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand."
Inquiring for my friend who is sponsoring her parents. I am confused by "Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.". They have 4 independent children aged over 18 including the sponsor. Does this mean that every child has to fill a copy of the 5406 (6 copies) or just two copies from PA and the spouse?
Thanks in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
"Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand."
Inquiring for my friend who is sponsoring her parents. I am confused by "Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.". They have 4 independent children aged over 18 including the sponsor. Does this mean that every child has to fill a copy of the 5406 (6 copies) or just two copies from PA and the spouse?
Thanks in advance.
You noticed the use of the word dependent, yes? How old are the children?

ICE85

Oct 5, 2014
Thanks in advance.
Hello Sachinrace,
please I am in the SAME situation described. Did you get a response on how to resolve this question of how many copies to submit? We are 4 independent children and I don't know if I have to submit 6 forms?