+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information issue and questions

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I am doing my mother-in-laws parent sponsorship. It got sent back saying there is information missing on the IMM 5406 form. Here is what the letter stated

"IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependants aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand. Sections A, B and C must be fully completed. For Section B, please ensure that you include ALL children, including ALL adopted, step-children, and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, regardless of age. For Section C, please ensure that you include ALL brothers and sisters including half, step-brothers/sisters and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country. Please ensure that you provide the date and place of death (city/town, country, or territory) for any deceased family members. If any information is not known, please enter in “Unknown”. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation. Please ensure that you sign the form by hand and dated once it has been printed. Please submit the most recent version of this form."

When filling out the online forms, I did not include my wife as a child because she is a canadian citizen, which I now know is a mistake.

My issue is, when submitting these forms again, it is asking me to fill them out, sign them and email them back.

She has 3 children, my wife who is a citizen as well as 2 sons who are philippine citizens who are not coming with her, she is the only applicant.

Will I now have to fill out 3 forms, one for my mother in law as the principal applicant and 2 other forms for each of her sons even though they are not coming to canada? The issue here is now I would have to fill those out and have them sign them.