+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1444E form. Addresses since age 18? I'm 47.

bikegeek247

Jan 14, 2017
I'm working on form IMM 1444E, checked "for information only" and writing TRP on top to apply for a TRP for a short trip to Canada this summer despite criminal inadmissability due to DWAI in the US as I learned from these forums. But it's asking for all addresses since age 18 and I'm 47. How could anybody possibly know or find addresses from 10 years ago, let alone almost 20 years ago? I pulled my credit report to get addresses over the last 10 years, but there's no way to get any older addresses. The form explicitly says that it will be returned for any time period without an address back to age 18. Is this for real? Any suggestions on how to handle this?
Thank you for any info or expertise on this matter.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
bikegeek247 said:
I'm working on form IMM 1444E, checked "for information only" and writing TRP on top to apply for a TRP for a short trip to Canada this summer despite criminal inadmissability due to DWAI in the US as I learned from these forums. But it's asking for all addresses since age 18 and I'm 47. How could anybody possibly know or find addresses from 10 years ago, let alone almost 20 years ago? I pulled my credit report to get addresses over the last 10 years, but there's no way to get any older addresses. The form explicitly says that it will be returned for any time period without an address back to age 18. Is this for real? Any suggestions on how to handle this?
Yes, it's for real. I had to do the same address list when applying for PR and I'm a lot older than you.... I used Google Maps to track some of them down. It's far from easy.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
bikegeek247 said:
You have lived in so many places?

First lets define what is "live"... it means you at least lived there for a period of 6 continuous months, so you got a lease, and received correspondence in that place. So if you took trips or backpacked for long periods of time in many places, then that is not considered "living" and you do not need to inform that.

If still this doesn't help you then you will have to start asking around and diving in old documents, reaching old friends and making phone calls.

Unfortunately there is no "way around it" and trying to play it smart would render your permanently inadmissible.
Do not risk it, invest all the time and resources you got in getting this right, there won't be another chance.

bikegeek247

Jan 14, 2017
Thank you all for the input. Yes, I used to move quite often in my 20's. Guess i'll do more research and see what I can figure out.
Jeez! :eek:

Bloomerloaf

Sep 14, 2024
I realise this post was from several years ago, but I had the same problem and want to show how to solve this for anyone else with the same problem. I overcame it by doing a subject access request to the Department of Work and Pensions and to HMRC.

They have a record of all employers, tax paid and addresses at the time that would be on your payslips\National Insurance records\etc.