+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1344 HELP REGARDING CHILD

aman0013

Mar 9, 2018
hi everyone
my wife is a canadian citizen by birth.
me my wife and our daughter live in india.
We 3 are planning to move to canada so my wife is sponsoring me to canada, for that i just started with imm 1344,
in the family column i got stuck for mentioning my child.

our child was born india but got a canadian passport, so she is a canadian citizen i suppose and do not need any sponsorship to come to canada.

1. where do i mention her name???
in accompanying dependent child or in non accompanying family members or no where in the form?

2. i think i should mention her name in non accompanying family members.
if this stands correct, i have a brother, sister, mother and father who are not accompanying me, so i have to mention their names too.
but in non accopanying family members list, i have space to mention only 4 family members.
how do i add more members in same form

3. if i cannot add more members in same form, then which family members should i mention?

THANKS ALREADY

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
If your child is Canadian citizen then you need to mention her name only in IMM 5406 Additional family Information. She can’t be added in IMM 1344 if she is Canadian because this form is only for persons that’s being sponsored and your daughter can not be sponsored since she’s already Canadian.

The definition of family members on IRCC website is spouse/common law partner and any dependent children. Your father, mother, siblings are not considered your family members for this application therefore you can’t add them in IMM 1344. Only list their names in IMM 5406.

aman0013

Mar 9, 2018
HI THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

I have another query,
in for IMM 5562, in my case where my canadian wife is sponsoring me, so i need to fill details of her travel too?
i am assuming that i dont have to fill our daughter's travel info as she is not being sponsored

thanks already