+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008, generic form

blue_ray

Jan 23, 2010
Hi guys,
My wife has the Canadian permanent residency card.
I am wondering how should I mention this in my application forms when submitting them to CIO!
As I understood, I should not include her information in the page 2 of IMM 0008, generic form.

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should include her in your additional family information form because she is already PR, not in the IMM 0008

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Leon and all

yes, in additional family info and in Details of Family Member's info in page 2 of IMM 0008 App for Perm Res in Canada. you could have skipped writing anything on that page 2 if you had no family ( family from your marriage)

I just checked. I could be wrong, Leon, could you pls check once again and tell?

Thanks all.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Leon and all

yes, in additional family info and in Details of Family Member's info in page 2 of IMM 0008 App for Perm Res in Canada. you could have skipped writing anything on that page 2 if you had no family ( family from your marriage)

I just checked. I could be wrong, Leon, could you pls check once again and tell?

Thanks all.
It clearly says on the form, IMM 0008, right above where you list family members:

You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.
So she is already PR and does not belong on that form.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Yea, Tricky Identification by Leon. Thanks.

blue_ray

Jan 23, 2010
Hi fellas,
Despite of our understanding from the application manuals and despite of advises given to me by the officer in CIC call center, CIO returned my application package due to lack of information on IMM0008.
They asked me to complete the form for my wife as well as the background declaration form!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe an IO with a brain blockage. Send them a letter again with a copy of the letter they sent you. Ask in your letter if they really want you to fill out IMM0008 to apply for PR for your wife who already has PR. If they say yes, I guess you'll just have to include her on the form although it seems very stupid to me. This is not according to what the instructions say.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Leon

you have been writing here for years now.
you think that the Immi officers have been hit by recession or any other problem?
is there any place in where suffering applicants can complain in such cases?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any person in any profession can make a mistake. The same applies to an IO who is swamped with case files. Did the OP explain in his application that he is not including his wife on the IMM0008 because she is already a PR? Maybe he didn't in which case the IO assumes that his wife is not a PR and wants him to include her or maybe he did explain but the IO missed reading that. If you think you have been a victim of an IO mistake, ask other peoples opinion. If their understanding is the same, then you can send a letter to immigration asking for clarification if this could possibly be a mistake and hopefully you will get someone to take a closer look and maybe reverse the mistake or explain to you that it was not a mistake and why.