+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008 Form misinterpretation

Ahmed87

Sep 1, 2016
Hi

Does a conflict in the date of traveling or the period stay in a country will be considered as a misinterpretation?

Some of the forms have errors for example in the question "describe your exact route to your current address"

The dates are different from those in the passport stamps.

Does anyone have an idea about that?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ahmed87 said:
Hi

Does a conflict in the date of traveling or the period stay in a country will be considered as a misinterpretation?

Some of the forms have errors for example in the question "describe your exact route to your current address"

The dates are different from those in the passport stamps.

Does anyone have an idea about that?
The word is" misrepresentation" and the answer is that the forms must accurately reflect the correct information. It's possible that incorrect dates could be seen as an attempt to mislead the officer about your exact history, and you don't want to go there....

Ahmed87

Sep 1, 2016
zardoz said:
The word is" misrepresentation" and the answer is that the forms must accurately reflect the correct information. It's possible that incorrect dates could be seen as an attempt to mislead the officer about your exact history, and you don't want to go there....
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. But will that be considered as misrepresentation even if the passport shows the real dates of traveling history? i mean it's not likely an attempt to conceal information. It is not my case but a friend of mine that got his application forms filled by a relative not by him.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ahmed87 said:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. But will that be considered as misrepresentation even if the passport shows the real dates of traveling history? i mean it's not likely an attempt to conceal information. It is not my case but a friend of mine that got his application forms filled by a relative not by him.
If the forms are wrong, redo them and submit the corrected ones. Yes, it might be considered misrepresentation. The applicant knows that they are wrong, so there is no excuse.

Ahmed87

Sep 1, 2016
zardoz said:
If the forms are wrong, redo them and submit the corrected ones. Yes, it might be considered misrepresentation. The applicant knows that they are wrong, so there is no excuse.
Hi,

But it's too late to re submit now as the interview is a week ahead now. What will happen based on your experience?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
How different are the dates? Are you talking days or month/years? Make sure he's prepared to explain the discrepancies in the interview.....and be honest or he will compound the problem.

Ahmed87

Sep 1, 2016
Buletruck said:
How different are the dates? Are you talking days or month/years? Make sure he's prepared to explain the discrepancies in the interview.....and be honest or he will compound the problem.
Different in a year or two i think. It is about when he left a specific country. His explanation is the truth as i know him. His sister in law filled the forms and he has no idea about what was written there. Furthermore , all the answers to the forms are written in CAPS. Will that be a problem as well?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ahmed87 said:
Different in a year or two i think. It is about when he left a specific country. His explanation is the truth as i know him. His sister in law filled the forms and he has no idea about what was written there. Furthermore , all the answers to the forms are written in CAPS. Will that be a problem as well?
With discrepancies as large as that, it's reasonable to expect that there will be problems. It's 100% the responsibility of the applicant to check that the submitted information is correct. Therefore, blaming the sister-in-law will be of no interest to IRCC. He should take corrected forms to the interview and offer them before they start questioning about the incorrect dates, with an explanation. Just my opinion of course....

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
A year or two would be difficult to interpret as an error. It's a complete fabrication. I would expect to be questioned extensively, even if you submit revised document. And I would expect to be questioned on why the updated forms are only being presented now. I agree that it will likely cause problems.

Ahmed87

Sep 1, 2016
Thank you for your information. Yes that was my opinion too. Will see what happen the next week. I will keep this topic updated for future reference.

Ahmed87

Sep 1, 2016
Hi,

My friend had made the interview and got accepted after a long and difficult interview. Now there is some issues that he would like to know whether or not they will effect his case later on.

Does the interview approval is the final approval? i mean is there any chance that he will get rejected later on for whatever reason other than being convicted in a crime?

the applicant's marital status in the application is Single, however he is actually divorced. In every local ID he is still stated as Single. Is there any chance that they can discover that later on? given that he was registered married under UNHCR and later on after he got divorced he updated his file there to divorced. So he is actually never Single in UNHCR. Does CIC related to UNHCR? does UNHCR share information with CIC?

on approval he got the ticket loan to sign it. However when he signed it he actually signed it with a different sign to the one that was in the application itself. Will that cause any issues?

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahmed87 said:
Hi,

My friend had made the interview and got accepted after a long and difficult interview. Now there is some issues that he would like to know whether or not they will effect his case later on.

Does the interview approval is the final approval? i mean is there any chance that he will get rejected later on for whatever reason other than being convicted in a crime?

the applicant's marital status in the application is Single, however he is actually divorced. In every local ID he is still stated as Single. Is there any chance that they can discover that later on? given that he was registered married under UNHCR and later on after he got divorced he updated his file there to divorced. So he is actually never Single in UNHCR. Does CIC related to UNHCR? does UNHCR share information with CIC?

on approval he got the ticket loan to sign it. However when he signed it he actually signed it with a different sign to the one that was in the application itself. Will that cause any issues?
YES big issue and committing fraud