+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Im unemployed, can I still apply for PR under CEC?

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
rosty2 said:
simply dont forget to get from your employer the letter of your employment that states the duration of employment and describes the duties and responsibilities.
Thank you Rosty2,
I will surely take a letter of reference from my present employer mentioning all the duties and responsibilities proving that I have worked with them for more than a year so that I qualify for the CEC PR application.

Thank you

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
rosty2 said:
simply dont forget to get from your employer the letter of your employment that states the duration of employment and describes the duties and responsibilities.
Rosty2,
Even if I am in a situation like this (which I have never been in before - but I am actively looking for a work and an employer who can give me an LMO) are you sure that there is nothing to be worried about since i do meet the criteria for eligibility under the CEC for the PR application -

1 year (reduced from 2 years) full time work experience under NOC A and all other papers are intact.

Please advice.

Thank you Sir.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jake21 said:
Rosty2,
Even if I am in a situation like this (which I have never been in before - but I am actively looking for a work and an employer who can give me an LMO) are you sure that there is nothing to be worried about since i do meet the criteria for eligibility under the CEC for the PR application -

1 year (reduced from 2 years) full time work experience under NOC A and all other papers are intact.

Please advice.

Thank you Sir.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents why would you have anything to worry about?!

Come on guys - don't worry needlessly !

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Yea JSM is right.
If you read the criteria carefully you would not have to worry about anything if you have all the experience and documents in place.
Come on folks , don't worry and don't spread it either.

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your messages Winterfox. I really appreciate it.

i was laif off just last week, but I am completely eligible for the PR under CEC as I have 1 year plus 10 months full time working experience under NOC 0

But, now since it is also very difficult for me to find a job or an employer who would supply me with an LMO. I am planning to go under EI for the moment.
Are we as foreign workers eligible for EI?
What is the process?
Is it better to apply for EI after sending off my documents for my PR? (which I intended to do this month, as I will apply for police clearance tomorrow and then I also have my English exams next week)

Please advice Winterfox.

Thank you so much.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
jake21 said:
Thank you so much yahoo.

I am just very skeptical about these things and I don't want to make a mistake.

I do have 2 full years experience in NOC O and A and I know that the work requirement has changed to 1 year instead of 2.

I am trying to find out if I can find information about this on any of the government websites so that I can have peace of mind once I see it in black and white.

Please advice.

Thank you much.[/b]

See the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Jake
Son.. u can apply for ur EI right now itself , it doesn't matter or interfere with your PR application.
Im on EI right now, which I applied last Oct and I applied for my PR this Feb. So don't worry
Just apply for your EI, it is super tough for us workers to get an LMO.
But u can also try ur luck like me, what I did was I applied for an BOWP after I received my AOR last week.
Who knows.... if we don't take a risk we will never find out if the officer was kind enough that he wud actually issue us Laid off foreign workers a BOWP :)