+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegitimate child

drew13

Jun 26, 2020
Hello.. hope someone can give me inputs on this:

My boyfriend is a Canadian PR since he was young. We are planning to get married soon here in Philippines

I have a child, 9 yrs old now, from my previous relationship. My child is using my last name and his father's name is not included in my son's birth certificate.

Will there be an issue if we applied for spousal sponsorship?
Can we include my son as dependant?
How long is the process?
Do I need to ask my son's father consent? Even if his name is not in our son's birth certificate?
Do I need to provide other documents that will prove my son is in my full custody?

Hoping for your inputs. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

My boyfriend is a Canadian PR since he was young. We are planning to get married soon here in Philippines

I have a child, 9 yrs old now, from my previous relationship. My child is using my last name and his father's name is not included in my son's birth certificate.

How long is the process?
Do I need to ask my son's father consent? Even if his name is not in our son's birth certificate?
Do I need to provide other documents that will prove my son is in my full custody?

1. No, but you will have to submit proof that you are able to remove the child from the Philippines.
2. About a year, could be longer depending on the progress of the Pandemic.
3. See #1

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Hi

1. No, but you will have to submit proof that you are able to remove the child from the Philippines.
2. About a year, could be longer depending on the progress of the Pandemic.
3. See #1

How long is the process?

is Your child illegitimate?