+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I go the Inland Route can I leave the country??

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
So I am assuming then that you are also a citizen of the netherlands? Why not apply through the Berlin office then? Processings times for Berlin are 9 months, much fast than PoS and Inland.
You can apply to any VO where you have been legally admitted for a year I believe.

Only downside, if an interview was required, you'd have to travel there for it, but the same can be said of PoS.

Decisions, decisions!

Matchcapo

Oct 4, 2011
pinklady said:
So I am assuming then that you are also a citizen of the netherlands? Why not apply through the Berlin office then? Processings times for Berlin are 9 months, much fast than PoS and Inland.
You can apply to any VO where you have been legally admitted for a year I believe.

Only downside, if an interview was required, you'd have to travel there for it, but the same can be said of PoS.

Decisions, decisions!
Decisions Decisions I knw! Im not a citizen of the netherlands but rather a citizen of one of their islands that they "own". So my VO office is T&T. Trust me I looked into doing that. I think the Inland is the way to go. Thx for all ur help....really gave me so much clarity on all of this!

yjl3382

Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-09-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2011
Interview........
11-02-2012
pinklady said:
Basically if you leave, there is no guarantee you'll be able to reenter canada. If you are unable to reenter then your application is void.
Its up to you if you want to risk it. A visitors record doesnt guarantee you anything.

If you want to be able to leave, why don't you apply outland? You can still be in Canada.
I am wondering if this works for only married couples or for common-law as well.
I live in Common law and i was going to apply outland since it takes faster.
But i was told from YMCA that it's illegal to apply outland when i am living in Canada as Common-law.
That is why i applied Inland and has been waiting freaking 2 years.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yjl3382 said:
I am wondering if this works for only married couples or for common-law as well.
I live in Common law and i was going to apply outland since it takes faster.
But i was told from YMCA that it's illegal if i apply outland when i am living in Canada as Common-law.
That is why i applied Inland and has been waiting freaking 2 years.
Why would you listen to the YMCA? Immigration is not their business.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yjl3382 said:
But i was told from YMCA that it's illegal to apply outland when i am living in Canada as Common-law.
You were given bad information.
It is not illegal to apply outland when living in Canada.