+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If a person works at two jobs under PGWP, one full time job and another part time job both fall under the same NOC can both of them be counted for EE?

HonestApple

Jan 27, 2021
Normally a person should be working one year in order to apply for EE, what if a person is working at 2 places at the same time can both of them be counted, and would that mean a person can apply for EE sooner than one year? (Without job experience EE score is pretty low). I was wondering if there are any changes to EE due to the pandemic?

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Normally a person should be working one year in order to apply for EE, what if a person is working at 2 places at the same time can both of them be counted, and would that mean a person can apply for EE sooner than one year? (Without job experience EE score is pretty low). I was wondering if there are any changes to EE due to the pandemic?
No matter how many job u have, u can only count up to 30 hours/week as full time work, any time above that are not counted, and u must have enough 52 weeks working.

Reactions: HonestApple

HonestApple

Jan 27, 2021
No matter how many job u have, u can only count up to 30 hours/week as full time work, any time above that are not counted, and u must have enough 52 weeks working.
I was hoping they changed the requirements due to the pandemic :(

Thanks a lot for the reply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There have been no such rule changes due to the pandemic.

As said above, you only get credit for up to 30 hours a week (which equals one full time week) no matter how many jobs you are working at one time. You need to have 52 separate weeks where you worked at least 30 hours per week in order to count this as a year of work experience. Unfortunately you cannot use "extra" hours from one week to qualify sooner.

HonestApple

Jan 27, 2021
There have been no such rule changes due to the pandemic.

As said above, you only get credit for up to 30 hours a week (which equals one full time week) no matter how many jobs you are working at one time. You need to have 52 separate weeks where you worked at least 30 hours per week in order to count this as a year of work experience. Unfortunately you cannot use "extra" hours from one week to qualify sooner.