+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS

stevetullao

Apr 20, 2019
Is IELTS a prerequisite for international students who wants to study in some colleges in Canada? Like, NORTHERN LIGHTS COLLEGE? Thanks im advnace for the res

mircearos

Feb 6, 2019
There is a distinction between the requirements of the CIC and the requirements of the College/University. I advise you to first make a plan of what you want to do.
1. From your numerous posts I see that you want to study at Northern Lights College. Do you know what you want to study? NLC offers various programs. Not all are for international students.
2. Once you know what you want to study, check what is required for you to be admitted to this college. Some colleges will offer a direct admission based on the score of IELTS. Some will require you to take a test.
3. If you think you will be accepted, check what are the requirements from CIC in order to get a study permit.
4. If you think you have all the requirements, then go back to the college and apply.
5. The college will guide you afterwards.

Good luck.

Reactions: stevetullao

stevetullao

Apr 20, 2019
There is a distinction between the requirements of the CIC and the requirements of the College/University. I advise you to first make a plan of what you want to do.
1. From your numerous posts I see that you want to study at Northern Lights College. Do you know what you want to study? NLC offers various programs. Not all are for international students.
2. Once you know what you want to study, check what is required for you to be admitted to this college. Some colleges will offer a direct admission based on the score of IELTS. Some will require you to take a test.
3. If you think you will be accepted, check what are the requirements from CIC in order to get a study permit.
4. If you think you have all the requirements, then go back to the college and apply.
5. The college will guide you afterwards.

Good luck.

Thank you!