Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Citizenship and Immigration Canada to streamline language proficiency assessment

Wednesday, 10 March 2010 17:29

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced today that the Canadian government will reduce application processing delays by streamlining language proficiency assessment for Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experience Class applications.

For all applications received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on or after April 10, 2010, immigration officers will be determining applicants’ language proficiency based on documentation submitted at the time the application is assessed, and will no longer be giving applicants an opportunity to provide additional documents supporting their language proficiency.

Currently, if an immigration officer feels that an applicant has not adequately proved his or her language proficiency with documentation, they may contact the applicant and afford the opportunity to provide results of a third-party test, such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.

However, as of April 10, 2010, this option will no longer be provided to applicants. Language proficiency will be assessed solely on information the applicant has provided at the time of submission. It is therefore advisable that applicants submit conclusive proof of their language ability, such as IELTS test results, with their complete application.

"This requirement supports our commitment to fast, fair and efficient application processing," Kenney said.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I've heard that too. Here is the link to the news on CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-10.asp

hoor

Feb 25, 2010
dubai
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, unfortunately

that's will make some trouble with me

may Allah help me

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

auqb said:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada to streamline language proficiency assessment

Wednesday, 10 March 2010 17:29

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced today that the Canadian government will reduce application processing delays by streamlining language proficiency assessment for Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experience Class applications.

For all applications received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on or after April 10, 2010, immigration officers will be determining applicants' language proficiency based on documentation submitted at the time the application is assessed, and will no longer be giving applicants an opportunity to provide additional documents supporting their language proficiency.

Currently, if an immigration officer feels that an applicant has not adequately proved his or her language proficiency with documentation, they may contact the applicant and afford the opportunity to provide results of a third-party test, such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.

However, as of April 10, 2010, this option will no longer be provided to applicants. Language proficiency will be assessed solely on information the applicant has provided at the time of submission. It is therefore advisable that applicants submit conclusive proof of their language ability, such as IELTS test results, with their complete application.

"This requirement supports our commitment to fast, fair and efficient application processing," Kenney said.
No, the IELTS will not be required for CIO, but you will still have a choice when your application is sent to the overseas processing office. Either IELTS or written proof of your English language. What the press release says is that if your written proof isn't sufficient to determine your ability then the office will not ask you to take IELTS or send more information. They will make the decision on what you have submitted.

PMM

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

No, the IELTS will not be required for CIO, but you will still have a choice when your application is sent to the overseas processing office. Either IELTS or written proof of your English language. What the press release says is that if your written proof isn't sufficient to determine your ability then the office will not ask you to take IELTS or send more information. They will make the decision on what you have submitted.

PMM
kindly can u explain us more about this ??
cuz as u know it's an important
i have to send IELTS Certificate with application which i'll send to canada :(
plzz help us
thx

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
PMM has well explained about this.

Past :

1. You were required to provide written submission for your language proficiency if you are not submitting IELTS test result.

2. Based on submission you did not prove that you were able to get certain points in language
proficiency.

3. CIC was giving you a chance to submit IELTS test results before making FINAL decision.

Now :

1. You still need to provide written submission for your language proficiency if you are not submitting IELTS test result.

2. Based on submission you did not prove that you were able to get certain points in language proficiency.

3. CIC will just reject your application without asking you for IELTS test results.

Is that clear now ??

thanks

canadp

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wat should be the score for canadian immigration

do they consider individual points in each section

or over allscore is fine for immigration

pls let us know

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chef said:
wat should be the score for canadian immigration

do they consider individual points in each section

or over allscore is fine for immigration

pls let us know
1. You get points for each section, overall score is not considered see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 10

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
canadp said:
PMM has well explained about this.

Past :

1. You were required to provide written submission for your language proficiency if you are not submitting IELTS test result.

2. Based on submission you did not prove that you were able to get certain points in language
proficiency.

3. CIC was giving you a chance to submit IELTS test results before making FINAL decision.

Now :

1. You still need to provide written submission for your language proficiency if you are not submitting IELTS test result.

2. Based on submission you did not prove that you were able to get certain points in language proficiency.

3. CIC will just reject your application without asking you for IELTS test results.

Is that clear now ??

thanks

canadp
thx for ur nice help man
in this case i have to take IELTS before apply
thx again

Leo75

May 24, 2010
PMM

I would like to know, u r talking about first stage or second stage.

Here I have a confusion.

My question is:

I m from India and going to apply my case to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia,Canada (Ist stage). Do I need to send my IELTS score at this time or at second stage (i.e. Visa Office), Where I have to submit my complete application along with supporting documents (In my case it will be New Delhi, India) At this time I m doing my IELTS preparation and give my exam on 26th Jun,2010.
Plz clear my dought.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Leo

ptv7425

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
Here is my take on this...

In Schedule 3, question 6 asks "Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in English or French?"

If you select Yes (then you need to attach a copy of the IELTS result)
If you select No, you will need to provide some other evidence, like a written submission

Now what you select will depend on how badly you need points from language proficiency. Attaching an IELTS result will serve as conclusive evidence whereas a written submission may not be that conclusive.

Again, just my thoughts...

btw...I appeared for IELTS before submitting the application to NS, so I attached a copy.

hhagaballa

Jun 4, 2010
could anyone explain this mail from the embassy in cairo ...

Dear Sir,

This is in response to your documents submitted at this office.

Your application is incomplete and we are therefore returning it to you pending following documentation:

IELTS results or written submission

You have 15 days to submit all these documents at which time a decision will be taken on your file. Failure to comply with this request within 15 days, your application will be considered withdrawn.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

first of all im palestinian living in Egypt and this is the first post in this site.
im little confused coz they ask me IELTS results or written submission after less than one week i sent my application and all my documents as well as i checked 'NO' on 'have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in english or french?' !!! which mean it's very short time to take and send the ielts scores in 15 day only !! and of course they know that well !!
now im sending to the embassy a written submission instead of ielts but im not sure that is the right thing i should do so i ask and i need to know aslo if there is any kind of periority to the palestinians .

thank you in advance

mohitarora1979

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Dear PMM,
IT IS VERY URGENT, MY BROTHER HAS APPLIED FOR PR SKILLED WORKER CATEGORY. HE HAS SEND HIS APPLICATION ON 12 JUNE TO NOVA SCOTIA. THIS APPLICATION IS WITHOUT IELTS EXAM. IS IT MANDATORY TO SEND IELTS RESULT WITH FIRST APPLICATION TO NOVA SCOTIA ?

PLEASE REPLY.

jsn_woo

Jun 10, 2010
Hi Seniors,

I want to apply for Canada PR. I got pass points based on my IELTS scores and others. I took IELTS in July 2009.

I will submit CIO by this month with my past IELTS results.

I would like to know whether I need to take IELTS again before submission to Visa Office?

Thanks,
Jason

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
mohitarora1979 said:
Dear PMM,
IT IS VERY URGENT, MY BROTHER HAS APPLIED FOR PR SKILLED WORKER CATEGORY. HE HAS SEND HIS APPLICATION ON 12 JUNE TO NOVA SCOTIA. THIS APPLICATION IS WITHOUT IELTS EXAM. IS IT MANDATORY TO SEND IELTS RESULT WITH FIRST APPLICATION TO NOVA SCOTIA ?

PLEASE REPLY.
hi mohitarora1979

It is not mandatory to send the IELTS in the initial application. If your brother already took the IELTS, then he should send a copy together with his initial application.