+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS, WES/IQAS, POF Funds mandatory for closed work permit?

Aug 23, 2023
Hello!

I have gone through the official documents list on CIC website for Closed Work Permit applicants based outside of Canada and I could not find requirement for IQAS/WES, IELTS, POF.

But, my lawyer is suggesting to get all things in order before applying.

My question is, is WES/IQAS equivalence, IELTS, POF mandatory for the Primary applicant? Also, what about the Spouse?

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello!

I have gone through the official documents list on CIC website for Closed Work Permit applicants based outside of Canada and I could not find requirement for IQAS/WES, IELTS, POF.

But, my lawyer is suggesting to get all things in order before applying.

My question is, is WES/IQAS equivalence, IELTS, POF mandatory for the Primary applicant? Also, what about the Spouse?

Thanks.
So you have an approved LMIA? What is the NOC?

Reactions: aspiringkanuck
Aug 23, 2023
She has the requires experience and education

I just didn't see the words equivalence and language test results hence I wondered.

Aug 23, 2023
Your decision but it is best to show ECA and IELTS for a skilled job. IRCC may refuse the work permit if all is shown is job experience.
Hope you won't mind me asking another question.

Would you happen to know which one would be the fastest for equivalence? WES, CES, IQAS?

GoodFortune

Sep 12, 2023
Your decision but it is best to show ECA and IELTS for a skilled job. IRCC may refuse the work permit if all is shown is job experience.
Hi Naturgrl. Thanks for all your help on here.
Do you by any chance know if WES Document-by-Document Evaluation is enough?
It takes a much shorter time than the WES for IRCC option.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl. Thanks for all your help on here.
Do you by any chance know if WES Document-by-Document Evaluation is enough?
It takes a much shorter time than the WES for IRCC option.
Don’t know. IRCC wants their requirements. Document by document is for academic purposes.