Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I am looking to increase my EE Profile score so confused which English Language exam to opt for (IELTS or CELPIP General) to score higher as I will be eligible for CEC coming May and want to increase my chances to get ITA.

I know that IELTS has enough materials online, however CELPIP is computer based test which has its very own Advantage.

If anyone has opted for CELPIP - General then kindly share your thoughts or if still IELTS is the best exam to score higher marks in all sections (L,S,R,W)

Appreciate your views in advance.. :) :)

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took CELPIP, it was easy. I was worrying about Speaking but it was fine, you just have to speak up in a very confident voice. :) It' funny how some Australians who speak English by birth, had to take the same test. They were done like in 30 minutes or less :)

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.B.123 said:
I took CELPIP, it was easy. I was worrying about Speaking but it was fine, you just have to speak up in a very confident voice. :) It' funny how some Australians who speak English by birth, had to take the same test. They were done like in 30 minutes or less :)
Hey A.B.123, Thanks for your comment. Do you mind sharing how much did you score in each of the sections..!!

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Makolutus said:
Hey A.B.123, Thanks for your comment. Do you mind sharing how much did you score in each of the sections..!!
Reading - 12
Listening - 11
Writing - 9
Speaking - 8

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.B.123 said:
Everyone that speaks English as a first language has to do it, not just Australians. Believe me there's nothing funny about paying $300 to prove that you can speak your native language.. sorry, that particular rule pisses me off

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
Everyone that speaks English as a first language has to do it, not just Australians. Believe me there's nothing funny about paying $300 to prove that you can speak your native language.. sorry, that particular rule pisses me off
I know :) but at least you didn't have to worry about the speaking section and got highest score for each section, hence higher EE score...

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That textbook they offer is more than enough to get ready for the test, imo. It's even better cause there is tons of study material for IELTS which is confusing and distracting.

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Hi,

Any one can apply to EE-FSWP using CELPIP score instead of IELTS?If a person out side country and affordable to fly to Canada from US.
My friend has plan to visit US in coming couple of months and He asked the same above Question?

Thx'

Maytoss

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me how mich points i score in IELTS exam for my EE profile with following bands

L: 8.5
R:7.5
W:7
S:7

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
rafzy said:
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me how mich points i score in IELTS exam for my EE profile with following bands

Hi,
you can check all your points here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

rickvinod

Dec 10, 2014
rafzy said:
Hi guys,

This is yours
With Spouse Single applicat
L 8.5 CLB 10 32 34
R 7.5 CLB 9 29 31
W 7 CLB 9 29 31
S 7 CLB 9 29 31

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being physically present in Canada.. Do you guys think giving Celpip instead of IELTS will boost your scoring.. or viceversa..!!

Folks, Please share your views and comments which will help me to decide the suitable English Language Proficiency exam to score higher marks..!!

Appreciate your comments..!!

Thanks..