+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS TEST VALIDITY

muddi1981

May 21, 2009
I CLEAR THE IELTS TEST IN 2004 AND THEN I WENT TO ENGLAND FOR MY POSTGRADUATE STUDY. DO I NEED TO GIVE THE IELTS TEST AGAIN OR I CAN JUST SUBMIT THE COPY OF THAT IELTS TEST SCORE FOR MY IMMIGRATION PROCESS TO CANADA? WHAT IS THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF IELTS TEST? DO I NEED TO GIVE THE TEST AGAIN AS I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN THE TEST IN 2004. AND AS I COMPLETED MY STUDY IN ENGLAND SO DO I STILL NEED TO GIVE PROOF OF MY ENGLISH PROFIENCY????? KINDLY TELL ME

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It should to be no older then 1 year. This is what CIC requierements are. So you have to take it again. Also I think you had clear Academic for education purpose, yes? While CIC need General. Good luck

muddi1981

May 21, 2009
THX
BUT DONT U THINK IT SOUND STUPID AS ONCE I HAVE CLEARED THE ACADEMIC IELTS TEST IT MEAN I AM PROFICIENT IN ENGLISH AND SECONDLY I HAVE MY DEGREES FROM ENGLAND SO IT OBVIOSULY MEAN THAT I AM CAPABLE OF SPEAKING GOOD ENGLISH. BUT RULE IS RULE SO IN THE FORM I SHOULD NOT TICK THE BOX FOR PREVIOUSLY GIVEN IELTS TEST? AS COPY FOR THE CERTIFICATE HAS TO BE ENCLOSED AND AS MY IELTS TEST SCORE IS 4 YEARS OLDER SO SHOULD I SEND IT OR NOT?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
You can send it, but will be asked again - it is better you clear the IELTS with the desired scores and then send the complete application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try it with the old IELTS or by presenting documents for your English knowledge but then you are leaving your case up to the visa officer to basically award you as many or few points as they feel like.

Generally IELTS and other such tests and considered valid for 2 years after they are taken. CIC says: "Your test results must not be more than one year old at the time that you submit your application." ( see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp )

CIC does not recommend you use documents to support your English knowledge unless English is your first language. People have had different experience with documents. Some people have been awarded no points with documents and some have been awarded some but less than they asked for. Very few people manage to get full points with documents unless English is their first language.

It's still up to you if you want to try it but if you need the English points to make 67, you risk losing your application and having to apply again.