+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS & TEFAQ .... HELP

ramyleb

May 21, 2013
hello,

Please help, i have a diploma in DELF (french language test) (from the french embassy in lebanon) and BULATS from Cambridge university (english test) are they equivalent to IELTS and TEFAQ ?? or i must pass those tests ????

please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - they are not equivalents for immigration purposes. If you wish to immigrate you must still take IELTS and/or TEF.

ramyleb

May 21, 2013
thanks for the reply, one more quest, after my research i knew that quebec is the easiest way in... is that true? and for quebec should i have IELTS and TEFAQ ? or just IELTS? thanks again

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec: TEFAQ (for 1st official language) + IELTS (for 2nd official language)

Quebec's 1st official language = FRENCH
Quebec's 2nd official language = ENGLISH

You have to submit your TEFAQ certificate photocopy for French.
You have to submit your IELTS scores photocopy for English.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
A. Khan said:
Quebec's 1st official language = FRENCH
Quebec's 2nd official language = ENGLISH

From a legal stand point, Quebec's SOLE official language is French.

Quebec "is the only Canadian province that has a predominantly French speaking population and French as the sole official language at the provincial level"

"English is not designated an official language by Quebec law. However, both English and French are required by the Constitution Act, 1867 for the enactment of laws and regulations and any person may use English or French in the National Assembly and the courts of Quebec. The books and records of the National Assembly must also be kept in both languages"

CHARTER OF THE FRENCH LANGUAGE

ramyleb said:
thanks for the reply, one more quest, after my research i knew that quebec is the easiest way in... is that true? and for quebec should i have IELTS and TEFAQ ? or just IELTS? thanks again

Here is a thread with some additional information about TEFaQ and immigration to Quebec:

TEF for Québec (TEFaQ) - French Exam - DOWNLOAD

Evaluation of French proficiency

Skilled worker candidates (principal claimants and spouses) who wish to obtain points for their French proficiency must demonstrate this proficiency by enclosing with their immigration application the results of a French evaluation test issued by one of the two organizations recognized by the Ministère

Evaluation of English proficiency

Skilled worker candidates (principle claimants only) who wish to obtain points for their English proficiency must demonstrate this proficiency by enclosing with their application the results of an English evaluation test recognized by the Ministère, namely the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).

(Please check Quebec's official immigration website for the latest information regarding immigration to Quebec.)