+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Score - Comments Please

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
BobbyB,
No, under simplified procedure, they said you must have been qualified when you apply. They also said that scores obtained within a year after application are valid. So I believe if you have IELTS score dated less than two years BEFORE and at most one year AFTER application, it should be fine. However, if you have never taken the test, they might ask you to present results when they ask for documents.

Hope this helps....

qutaiba

Feb 21, 2009
Hi folks,
I performed very badly on IELTS Listening test today. My Writing, speaking and reading skills may cover the listening score. I guess i'll score
W=7.5
R=8
S=7.5
L=5

Could any one advise if i still will be eligible for Canada Immigration or I may need to revise the Test. The document submission date is close by one week and IELTS test results generally takes two weeks.

How to improve by listening. I've problem in listening and can't listen words clearly. Any valuable comment can make up my day.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Quitaiba - whether you qualify or not will depend on all your points. your total points for immigration must be 67 or greater.

nicuinjeddah

Feb 22, 2009
mjm said:
I just received IELTS score that I have taken first time without much preperation... Here is the score that got...

L = 6.5, R = 7.0, W = 7.5, S = 7.5, Overall Band = 7.0

As per this and new rules I am eligible to get 14 points...

Do I have any problem with Listening Score being 6.5?

Should I submit this score or take another test??? Do they need minimum 7.0 in all L, R, W, S

Please advise...