+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Result withheld

uetian119

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Ontario
Dear All,
I created this topic to share experience about late result of IELTS by British Council.
Now a days, most of students are facing this problems If anyone has got result after some weeks please share experience.
Thanks

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing to worry except that your time gets wasted.

If you score very high in one area (usually objective types lets say reading or listening) and somewhat low in another (usually subjective types like writing or speaking), then they hold back the result for a second round of review by another set of examiners.

The second review might actually increase your score by .5 or 1 but it depends. The result gets delayed by 3-4 weeks and is usually declared just before their next examination results.

I scored 9 in reading and my result was with held, finally when the result came I was CLB-9 so I suspect I was originally given 6.5 in another area which was bumped up to 7 in the second round of review.

Wish you all the Best.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the same experience (9 in LR, 7 in WS). But results were withheld only for a week.

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I attempted the test in November 2015. R-9, L-8.5. Whereas S-7.5 and W-7. My result was not withheld. Probably that's what I scored in the first evaluation and probably there was no red flag.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure, but somewhere I read that results are withheld for random quality check. It may not have anything to do with scores. Some time British council or idp may select some cases to ensure proper guidelines are followed for marking.

sandhu2012

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I appeared for the exam on 20th feb and I am still waiting for the results..
I called up British Council and they said the results are on hold for quality check.

This is the process that they follow ever time.

Pick up 70 - 100 cases randomly and put them under review.

And this process may take up to 3 months..

I am still waiting for mine..
Next update is on 11th April.. (UPDATE and not Results)

Sabdhu

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
sandhu2012 said:
I appeared for the exam on 20th feb and I am still waiting for the results..
I called up British Council and they said the results are on hold for quality check.

This is the process that they follow ever time.

Pick up 70 - 100 cases randomly and put them under review.

And this process may take up to 3 months..

I am still waiting for mine..
Next update is on 11th April.. (UPDATE and not Results)

Sabdhu
3 MONTHS :eek: :eek:
Doesn't we just need TrfNumber in EE process ? Does we need to scan the result copy also, and upload ?