+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS result postponed by IDP

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My 6th sept. exam IELTS (G) result has been delayed by the IDP.

I received a mail from IDP stating that "you have been randomly selected under our general quality assessment purpose, so your result will get further analysed and will come out on 3rd of Oct.".

At customer care number they said it is a normal practice whereby some students answer sheets are randomly selected to cross-check the quality of the assessment process in india.

Anyone else who has faced such a problem ?

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
kadian said:

I received a mail from IDP stating that "you have been randomly selected under our general quality assessment purpose, so your result will get further analysed and will come out on 3rd of Oct.".

At customer care number they said it is a normal practice whereby some students answer sheets are randomly selected to cross-check the quality of the assessment process in india.

Yes , it does happen. No need to worry .

Do you need results urgently ?

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
kadian said:

lol. It was happened to my friend. He was told that his results are hold for some reason. Finally he received the result but unexpectedly his Writing module score was very less. He got 6 above in his previous 3 attempts but this time he got 5.5 that was too bad. All the best for your results

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
Kiranmayi said:
lol. It was happened to my friend. He was told that his results are hold for some reason. Finally he received the result but unexpectedly his Writing module score was very less. He got 6 above in his previous 3 attempts but this time he got 5.5 that was too bad. All the best for your results
that is bad for him , is he giving the test again?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiranmayi said:
I doubt having his results delayed is the reason why he got a lower score - the more likely reason is that it was graded by a different marker.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exam Date: 6 Sept. 2014
Results Date: 20 Sept.
Result postponed by IDP : 3 Oct 2014
second time postponed by IDP: 10 Oct. 2014

Status: Result still not released online (customer service not answering)

Anyone else who had faced such a long delay in declaration of result ?

It is frustrating to wait ...

sarb13

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Kadian,

I read so many articles where IDP is delaying there results.

I can understand its very frustrating.

Sarb

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After long waiting time and twice postponement, today I finally got the result of my 6 Sept. IELTS GT exam

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Speaking 6.5
Writing 6.0
Overall: 7.5

Listening : expected between 7 to 9
Reading: expected between 9-10
Speaking: expected between 6.5 to 7.5 (I got nervous and spoke too fast)

Writing: expected 7 to 8 (I am very disappointed with the writing band. I checked and corrected grammatical & spelling errors, used phrases & idioms, used extra sheet to write one last paragraph to be above word limit and my handwriting is also nice. Just can not make out why they gave such a low band in writing. May be because of 1 month delayed result due to double assessment made by IDP or may be some crack-head person checked my writing task.

Can I go for re-checking in writing. How much do they charge for recheck in a particular section (writing). Any Idea ?

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny31 said:
I doubt having his results delayed is the reason why he got a lower score - the more likely reason is that it was graded by a different marker.

Result postponed and my writing score also lower than my expectation.

So probably it happens in result postponed & double assessment cases.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kadian said:
Result postponed and my writing score also lower than my expectation.

So probably it happens in result postponed & double assessment cases.
Possible that reviewer is more stringent/expert as compared to original assessor.

SK2014

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
IELTS IDP results are postponed by 12 days.

Test date: Oct 02, 2014
Standard result date : 15 Oct 2014 (which is 13 days after the exam date)
First postponed date: Oct 27 2014

::) ::) ::) ::)

Any clue, why they have to hold exam results for quality assurance ??? :-X :-X :eek: :(

Share your opinions

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
SK2014 said:
IELTS IDP results are postponed by 12 days.

Test date: Oct 02, 2014
Standard result date : 15 Oct 2014 (which is 13 days after the exam date)
First postponed date: Oct 27 2014

::) ::) ::) ::)

Any clue, why they have to hold exam results for quality assurance ??? :-X :-X :eek: :(

Share your opinions
how do you know ? about this

happy4ever

Oct 3, 2014
Hi Every one,
my results date was yesterday, but they are kept on hold my results. why they kept on hold i don't know. i got this message yesterday.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

We refer to your IELTS test of 2 October 2014 at Hyderabad.

As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, test results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates.

Unfortunately your result is still being processed so it has not been possible to analyse it yet. The analysis will be conducted when the processing of your result is completed. Test Report Forms will be issued to candidates from October 24, 2014.

Please note that it is specified in the Declaration signed by candidates on the Application Form that there may be occasions when it is necessary to issue a result more than 13 days after the test.

Note that you would not be able to preview your results online and would have to wait for the hard copy of results (Test Report Form) to reach you. In case of any queries, kindly get in touch with us at Chennai.Enquiry @ in.britishcouncil.org. Please do not reply to this mail.

Please accept our apologies for this delay.

IELTS Test Centre Administrator

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it.
The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by viruses and other malware and you are advised to carry out a virus and malware check on any attachments contained in this message.

Any clue, why they have to hold exam results for quality assurance

Share your opinions

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happy4ever said:
Hi Every one,
my results date was yesterday, but they are kept on hold my results. why they kept on hold i don't know. i got this message yesterday.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

We refer to your IELTS test of 2 October 2014 at Hyderabad.

As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, test results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates.

Unfortunately your result is still being processed so it has not been possible to analyse it yet. The analysis will be conducted when the processing of your result is completed. Test Report Forms will be issued to candidates from October 24, 2014.

Please note that it is specified in the Declaration signed by candidates on the Application Form that there may be occasions when it is necessary to issue a result more than 13 days after the test.

Note that you would not be able to preview your results online and would have to wait for the hard copy of results (Test Report Form) to reach you. In case of any queries, kindly get in touch with us at Chennai.Enquiry @ in.britishcouncil.org. Please do not reply to this mail.

Please accept our apologies for this delay.

IELTS Test Centre Administrator

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it.
The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by viruses and other malware and you are advised to carry out a virus and malware check on any attachments contained in this message.

Any clue, why they have to hold exam results for quality assurance

Share your opinions

Yes - it has been happening to test takers recently. And the reasons are still unknown. Just means you gotta wait an extra week to see your results online!