+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS RE-evaluattion

gaganchugh

Oct 14, 2014
Hi,

I had given my IELTS through IDP. My score was L=6.5, R=7, W=6.5, S=6. I want to apply for re-evaluation. Does it happen that the scores are sometimes decreased instead of increasing after re-evaluation? Or they can not decrease it. What do you suggest, I should go for re-evaluation or not?

Thanks

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you ask that your scores be re-evaluated and your scores are increased, you'll get a refund of the re-evaluation fees. When my wife wanted to request a re-evaluation of her scores, I was worried that her scores might be reduced, but we went for it anyway. When it came back, the scores were unchanged.

IMHO, re-evaluation is a gimmick. They'll keep your money, and if you don't quite have the scores you want/need, you'll have to pay to sit for another exam.

gaganchugh

Oct 14, 2014
Well, I am ready to pay. Just worried if my scores may not be reduced instead of increasing. Not increasing will be okay for me but decreasing will be disappointing. What do you suggest? Can they decrease the score?

ramana27

Sep 16, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Yes there is a chance of decrease for speaking and writing part, although rare
and you can decide if you want to use the latest IELTS result or old IELTS result.

when I tried to re-evaluate only for speaking part, it didnt work, score was same....