+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS please help me.

Amit_2108

Mar 25, 2009
Dear Friends,

I want to apply as a FSW. I have already cleared my IELTS but got 6 band. My requirement is 7 band so I want to appear again but I don't want to wait till my result. My question is that what should I write in Schedule-3,question-6 ? If I will write yes,I have to show my present IELTS result and I may not be eligible and if write No,I may give wrong information....Please help me urgently.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Either way: ( u may say No and apply but)!!
1) After application U must have results before Documents update.
2) Do it b4 u apply. Your IELTS results would be valid for 1 Year for Immigration Purposes.

kamran09

Mar 31, 2009
Hello guys,

I am preparing my application for canadain immigration as skilled worker, I am working in saudi arabia from last 10 years as supervisor. I am wondering if I must be needing the IELTS test to apply, cant I just prove with other certifcate and job letters that i am working since past ten years in english language or so...

please guide me ...thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are allowed to give other evidence of why you should get points for English but from what I've heard, in almost all cases, they make you take IELTS anyway. If you are as good as you think you are, you should not have a problem with IELTS and you will know before you apply exactly how many points you have.

It would not be a good situation for you if you accidentally over-estimate your English points and at the time they request you to take IELTS, you are unable to get as many points as you need to get your total to 67. When they request your documents, you have maybe 90 days to do it. It's not like you will have time to try the IELTS many times to get a good score but if you need to do it before you apply, you have plenty of time.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
I think as long as one has strong evidence for strong English proficiency, then IELTS might not be requested ( which what happened with my case). Even the main application form asks to provide written explanation if you did not have the test, so there is always an alternative. However, I am not advising that (Do not take the test), I am just saying that some people do have strong proof (documents ) of their English Language. In my case, I submitted TOEFL, recommendation letters from my previous Canadian professors stating my English language is strong, and my ability to communicate , written project, and finally written explanation of how I can use English as my second strong language.

Good luck to all