28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
bng_PR said:
You performed well in all other sections, but why 6.5 in Reading? Did your reading exam had a lot of T/F/NG type of questions? more than 3 sections? Sorry to see that your next exam results are withheld...Best wishes for your next attempt.

G
Thanks a lot for your wishes. I really need all the luck and wishes.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
raoulmos said:
have you submitted any support or evidence or you just received email that your result withheld
I received an email stating that my results would be withheld and it would be released within 6 weeks.

raoulmos

Jan 26, 2017
xpressentry said:
I received an email stating that my results would be withheld and it would be released within 6 weeks.
Actaully I received 2 emails , first asks me to send hand writing clarification , one day later , anther email to neglect the other one and not to send any explanations , so i donot know if I send them explination will be better or just to wait

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
raoulmos said:
Actaully I received 2 emails , first asks me to send hand writing clarification , one day later , anther email to neglect the other one and not to send any explanations , so i donot know if I send them explination will be better or just to wait
I have received one email that says the results have been withheld until further checks have been carried out. This process can take upto 6 weeks.

ahm86ed26

Jan 26, 2017
Unfortunately, I received my result after one week of investigation. I'm sure i did well but i was shocked when i saw the results on website.

R:6.5 L:7 W:5.5 S:6

I'm sure this isn't my result, but i will not request remarking (EOR) because the previous EOR took more than 10 weeks for the result to appeared.

Jan 18, 2017
Hyderabad,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My results also were withheld but after calling BRITISH COuncil Riyadh yesterday they said they got my TRF and asked me to Collect.

After Seeing scores I was shocked as I was expecting more in both Writing and Speaking which score was in hands of evaluators and was reduced for money sake(Just my guess)

L-7.5 S-6.5 W-6.5 R-8.5

Please suggest me whether I need to retake as I feel even after resitting for test which will not increase my CRS score more than 7 points :( (I got CLB 8 )

raoulmos

Jan 26, 2017
saikumarmay1992 said:
Hi All,

My results also were withheld but after calling BRITISH COuncil Riyadh yesterday they said they got my TRF and asked me to Collect.

After Seeing scores I was shocked as I was expecting more in both Writing and Speaking which score was in hands of evaluators and was reduced for money sake(Just my guess)

L-7.5 S-6.5 W-6.5 R-8.5

Please suggest me whether I need to retake as I feel even after resitting for test which will not increase my CRS score more than 7 points :( (I got CLB 8 )
you mean they realease your result without sending email or SMS ? also is it updated on website or only TRFand still withheld on website ?

Jan 18, 2017
Hyderabad,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes,after 3 to 4 calls they told results are released and TRF is with them and I need to collect.They said withheld results will not be posted online.

bng_PR

Jan 17, 2017
raoulmos said:
you mean they realease your result without sending email or SMS ? also is it updated on website or only TRFand still withheld on website ?
Dear Saikumar,

I also had a similar experience in Paris. My scores were same for Writing and Speaking 6.5. Although I was sure that I didn't concentrate much on writing due to the point that I didn't perform up to my skills in Listening and sure that I won't get a band 8, I just finished my writing. But, I was disappointed with my Speaking scores. If I compare the results, it seems I am doing some minor mistakes in both Speaking and Writing, and both require same skills in terms of coherence and grammar. Initially, I was of the opinion that IELTS graded my scores with the point of view of re-appearance, but after pondering much I think IELTS stresses more on General Test compared to Academic, I mean bit strict on General candidates on communication skills, so that once you immigrate your grades in IELTS corresponds to skill in job interviews and so on....

Did you answer your Speaking like in my opinion, there are many possible solutions, firstly, etc connecting links? What was you cue card on Speaking?

Did they gave headphones for your Listening? I had to do it through a speaker that costs me much....

I got 7 in listening but want 8, so appearing on 25 th March again. What kind of practice did you do for Listening? I am missing few questions on section 2 and 3.

Best,

Gireesh

Jan 18, 2017
Hyderabad,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gireesh Sorry, By mistaked I clicked something and deleted my post.

For listening I also planned for 8 but one mistake kicked me to fall to 7.5 :p. one tip is in task 2 instead of finding answers while listening ,Just write keywords in conversation and then try to find answer.

bng_PR

Jan 17, 2017
saikumarmay1992 said:
Hi Gireesh Sorry, By mistaked I clicked something and deleted my post.

For listening I also planned for 8 but one mistake kicked me to fall to 7.5 :p. one tip is in task 2 instead of finding answers while listening ,Just write keywords in conversation and then try to find answer.
Hi Sai,

For long multiple choice answers, Do you first read everything, both question and answers all, in the given time to check the questions?

I tried the keywords trick, it worked on one of my practice test that gave me 38/40, and on the other test it really did n't help much (for this I tried to write as much as for both speakers rather than keywords, that might have confused me).

I think it is very clear that IELTS high band score is not necessary for immigration purposes; Just it is a trick used by them to make sure that we will write the exam more than once (on average expert English user takes minimum 2-3 attempts to get the bank CLB 9). Honestly, we do use only CLB 7 at whatever job we get.

Goodluck,

Gireesh

Jan 18, 2017
Hyderabad,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah that's true.

For listening Multiple choice questions I picked by that key words written in the sheet.

yeah that's trueI got clb8 and I gave up idea of resitting for test because CLB also will give you 7 more points.Apart from that am trying for some Arranged Employment or PNP.Need to check my luck.

If luck doesn't support then I will sit for retest. :)

All the best for your next test bro :)

bng_PR

Jan 17, 2017
saikumarmay1992 said:
Yeah that's true.

For listening Multiple choice questions I picked by that key words written in the sheet.

yeah that's trueI got clb8 and I gave up idea of resitting for test because CLB also will give you 7 more points.Apart from that am trying for some Arranged Employment or PNP.Need to check my luck.

If luck doesn't support then I will sit for retest. :)

All the best for your next test bro :)
Glad to hear,

Best wishes,

Gireesh