+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ielts latest result or higher score result. Asivad and other members plz help.

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015
Can someone help me please.. - I got 7 bands in first attempt last month. If I will give ielts again..and unfortunately getting 6 bands.. Which result should I use? Latest with 6 bands or higher and older with 7 bands For express entry?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: ielts latest result or higher score result

physiohit said:
Can someone help me please.. - I got 7 bands in first attempt last month. If I will give ielts again..and unfortunately getting 6 bands.. Which result should I use? Latest with 6 bands or higher and older with 7 bands For express entry?
You can use anyone of these as long as both of them are less than 2 years old for CIC purpose. For OINP (PNP), they expect the score to be less than 1 year old. Whichever Test Result Form (TRF) among the two you submit will be considered.

physiohit

Jun 29, 2015

rajanvnv said:
You can use anyone of these as long as both of them are less than 2 years old for CIC purpose. For OINP (PNP), they expect the score to be less than 1 year old. Whichever Test Result Form (TRF) among the two you submit will be considered.
[7/30, 3:34 PM] Narender Singh Kp Friend Tax Filing: Some examples of changes which could lower your score:

you no longer have a valid job offeryou no longer have a provincial nominationyour language test scores have expired, or you re-took them and they are lower
[7/30, 3:34 PM] Narender Singh Kp Friend Tax Filing: Invitations to apply – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
[7/30, 3:38 PM] Narender Singh Kp Friend Tax Filing: So, if u retook and marks are lower, your score will b lowered

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

physiohit said:
[7/30, 3:34 PM] Narender Singh Kp Friend Tax Filing: Some examples of changes which could lower your score:

you no longer have a valid job offeryou no longer have a provincial nominationyour language test scores have expired, or you re-took them and they are lower
[7/30, 3:34 PM] Narender Singh Kp Friend Tax Filing: Invitations to apply – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
[7/30, 3:38 PM] Narender Singh Kp Friend Tax Filing: So, if u retook and marks are lower, your score will b lowered
Hi,
The above statements are not true.
Your IELTS score is valid for 2 years. Even if write multiple times, the TRF that you will ultimately submit (obviously the one with highest score) will be considered.

See below links for earlier discussions on this topic:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/multiple-ielts-results-t295726.0.html