+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Investigation

Javohir

Jun 28, 2017
Hi there!
I took an exam on June 3 in Tashkent through British Council. And my scores are now being investigated. What is the reason for investigation? Is there anyone else who is also in my condition? How much does it take to publish my results?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there!
I took an exam on June 3 in Tashkent through British Council. And my scores are now being investigated. What is the reason for investigation? Is there anyone else who is also in my condition? How much does it take to publish my results?
these days its quite common for test results to go for verification...
hopefully you should have result within 2 weeks from today

Javohir

Jun 28, 2017
And what is/are the reason/s for that? I read that it occurs when the differance between sections is 2.0 or above. But I know lots of people whose scores vary greatly. For example, one got 4.5 in speaking and 6.5 in writing and another one got 6.5 in reading and 8.5 in listening

Reactions: Minid

Javohir

Jun 28, 2017
And what is/are the reason/s for that? I read that it occurs when the differance between sections is 2.0 or above. But I know lots of people whose scores vary greatly. For example, one got 4.5 in speaking and 6.5 in writing and another one got 6.5 in reading and 8.5 in listening. Actually, I have sent support of my scores in 19 June

shrinivas1980

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This has been happening to a lot of my students recently. It occurs when there is a 2 band difference in one part of the test and seems to particularly target high writing scores. It usually takes over a month for the result. There is no apology made only you are informed that you have signed a paper to allow this when you applied for the test. The result comes back positive or negative and nothing is explained about the investigation that took place or the reasons for it.
Hi Mike,
Is it OK if I write every answer with first alphabet 'capital' in L & R part? I am extremely worried. Please advise.

Thanks.

shrinivas1980

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shrinivas, a lot of candidates are worried about this. The marker ignores capitalisation for the listening and reading.
Even if there is a word like London that needs a capital it is ok to not write one.

Of course, this DOES matter for the writing test! Note you are allowed to write in ALL CAPITALS without any penalty for the writing test.
Hey Mike,
Thanks a ton for your precious advice. Much relief now to know my score will remain unaffected for writing first letter capital.

Best Regards,
Shrinivas

anhy

Jul 10, 2017
Hi there!
hey! same here! did you get your results?

anhy

Jul 10, 2017
Not yet (). It has already been more than two months that I took my exam.
Oh god!! really?? Im facing the same issue.... I took it on June 17th ..... but i was able to see my results on June 30th (13 days after the test) But on July 5th i received an email satating that my result will be withheld for investigation...... I dunno if it was because i have differences between sections....... :/ Same as you i sent my statement supporting my performance during the test day.....

Javohir

Jun 28, 2017
i saw them online .. and then i received the email stating that my results will be withheld.... Did you get your results??
Not yet. It is already more than 4 months.
So, what were your scores? Did sections have a big difference ?