IELTS in Delhi - Any Answer?

Wolfman567

Oct 28, 2009
New-Delhi (India)
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

I have IELTS - General Test in a month in Delhi. Can anyone tell me that are examiners foreigners or Indian staff?.. I heard the indian staff as too fussy and tend to get irritated soon?

I mean in speaking do they show some attitude or do they really listen that you are there for speaking test??

Any experience or suggestions?

britesplash

Feb 8, 2010
My experience while I was in India is that I tried to take IELTS training and I observed that the faculty take you for granted; that you are no good in english and they are the best. They try to prove how efficient they are more than how they can help you. They scared the hell out of me and shattered my confidence. In India, especially the trainers imbibe fear factor. Finally I decided not to take for various reasons and felt happy at that time.

After years I again met with the need to take IELTS...frankly I didn't had much time and prepared for about 4 weeks for an hr or so. I was hoping to take again and thought that was my first attempt to see how that exam actually is. But I don't think I have to take again as I got band 8.

I felt that the exam is really easy. I tried a couple of practice tests online and followed a book I bought from Amazon. The staff were very pleasing and encouraging. However, I took the test in US. In my speaking test too, I didn't speak for a long time on the topic as I was out of Ideas, but the staff understood and immediately started asking me questions to cover up...all with a smile. All they wanted to know is whether I can speak well even though it was for short duration. Not sure how it would have been if the test was in India.