+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS GENERAL

gud2all

Dec 26, 2014
Hi
I am preparing my documents to apply for PR in march 2015 and have few questions about IELTS :
* Should I take IELTS general or academic for PR under CEC category
* what is the minimum band requirement
* how long is the test result valid for (if I am applying in March 2015)
I'll appreciate if someone who has or already applied for PR under CEC recently knows more about the process can provide some reference .

Thank you

pRodg

Dec 28, 2014
gud2all said:
Hi
I am preparing my documents to apply for PR in march 2015 and have few questions about IELTS :
I'll appreciate if someone who has or already applied for PR under CEC recently knows more about the process can provide some reference .

Thank you
Hi there,

1. You should take the General only.
2. Minimum is "6" on each category.
3. The certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gud2all said:
Hi

Thank you
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

nidz_here

Jan 9, 2015
Hi.
I am from Pakistan. Question is whether to take IELTS General via AON or British Council?
Are both accepted by CIC for Immigration purposes? Is there any difference in test contents, scoring etc?

Regards.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nidz_here said:
Hi.
I am from Pakistan. Question is whether to take IELTS General via AON or British Council?
Are both accepted by CIC for Immigration purposes? Is there any difference in test contents, scoring etc?

Regards.
Never heard of AON - so I'd go with British Council. The difficulties/content of the tests are the same.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
nidz_here said:
Hi.

Regards.
you mean AEO? yes its accepted

ahnnezailah

Jan 23, 2015
Hi everyone! Am I required to take the IELTS before I submit all the documents for provincial nominee without job offer? Or can I just take it once I am already approved?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahnnezailah said:
Hi everyone! Am I required to take the IELTS before I submit all the documents for provincial nominee without job offer? Or can I just take it once I am already approved?
What's your NOC? b.c some NOC occupations do not require IELTS

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahnnezailah said:
My NOC is 1241. :)
For applicants applying for PNP with NOC C or D occupations require to take IELTS - therefore you don't need it

ahnnezailah

Jan 23, 2015
Johnny31 said:
For applicants applying for PNP with NOC C or D occupations require to take IELTS - therefore you don't need it
It is listed in the needed requirements for SINP without joboffer that my language should be tested and one prpcedure is by taking the IELTS exam. So I am not required to take that?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahnnezailah said:
It is listed in the needed requirements for SINP without joboffer that my language should be tested and one prpcedure is by taking the IELTS exam. So I am not required to take that?
OK - now that you mentioned you don't have a job offer - you MUST take IELTS and score above CLB LEVEL 4 (you can find out what that is on CIC's website or google it)

So - you must include the results with your application. You can't send it in later. Not including your IELTS results can lead to an automatic refusal