+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS for UKVI General Training; Please confirm as we have difference of opinion

musmanr86

Jan 23, 2017
Hi,

There are some differences of opinion within this forum per se, with regards to a concern whether IELTS for UKVI General Training is accepted for Canada (Express Entry) immigration purpose, as one individual replies "YES" and the other "NO". Therefore, I would be grateful if someone could kindly confirm 100% if IELTS for UKVI General Training is accepted for Canada (Federal skilled worker) immigration.

I have learnt from BC website that both the tests (IELTS UKVI GT & IELTS GT) share equal level of complexity, grading system and structure, and only difference is that the final result states a UKVI No. in addition to other required identification numbers.

Thank you in advance for your clarification
Regards.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
IELTS UKVI is for UKVI promises. CIC doesn't accept that. My suggestion is take the IELTS general training for express entry and there will be no hassles.

musmanr86

Jan 23, 2017
hi xpress,

Thank you for you reply and concern, but I'm still skeptical if UKVI IELTS GT is not accepted by CIC, as there is no explicit statement mentioned as such anywhere on CIC website... pls. I'd highly appreciate if you could substantiate your argument (that will help a lot), or if you know someone who has experienced applying with UKVI IELTS GT result. I've also consulted with few law firms in Canada in this regards, and they say that I'm all good to go... however this is very confusing, since I have already taken the exam.

Moreover, if we follow BC IELTS website info (on FAQ UKVI pg) it concurs that IELTS UKVI for visa purposes is accepted worldwide by orgs. as schools, gov etc. (yet implicitly); with all respect xpress, is there a legit authority with which this info could be confirmed?

Thank you,
Regards.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
https://www.ielts.org/what-is-ielts/ielts-for-migration

Why would you risk CIC officer rejecting your application because of IELTS marked as UKVI. The IELTS costs £160 but you would lose much more money if they rejected the visa because of it.