+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS for immigration and professional registration

Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys, little bit of advice please...

I am currently putting together my application for PR under FSW, and obviously I need to do the IELTS.

The CIC website says i need the General test for the PR application, which is fine.

However I am also completing the application for my nursing license, for which I also need IELTS, but the Academic one...

Obviously the IELTS test isn't the cheapest thing to do (certainly not here in the UK), so would CIC accept the Academic one I need to do for my nursing license, or do I need to do the test twice - General one for CIC and Academic one for nursing license?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
damianronksley said:
Obviously the IELTS test isn't the cheapest thing to do (certainly not here in the UK), so would CIC accept the Academic one I need to do for my nursing license, or do I need to do the test twice - General one for CIC and Academic one for nursing license?
No - CIC does not accept Academic IELTS. Only General. If you send Academic IELTS results with your FSW application then your application will be automatically refused.

maintarget

Feb 13, 2012
Thank u
scylla said:
No - CIC does not accept Academic IELTS. Only General. If you send Academic IELTS results with your FSW application then your application will be automatically refused.