+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS, CELPIP: Which one is easier to get CLB 7 band.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Hi All,

I am planning take exam to apply PR. Please guide me which one good to get my target score CLB 7.

Guys, I sat for IELTS in India got L - 5.5, R - 6, W - 6, S - 6.5. Missing .5 in Listening. Its my bad. Please help me here to prepare for the exam.

Kiranmai

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
^ Are you more used to sitting infront of a computer all day? Do you prefer typing instead of writing? Are you comfortable listening using a headset and recording your voice on a microphone? These are the stuff that I took into consideration when I chose between CELPIP and IELTS. I took CELPIP and it was really easy except for the speaking part which I think is so limited in time. I have also attended an IELTS 101 and I've read materials as well so I know how it goes.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
iamelle said:
^ Are you more used to sitting infront of a computer all day? Do you prefer typing instead of writing? Are you comfortable listening using a headset and recording your voice on a microphone? These are the stuff that I took into consideration when I chose between CELPIP and IELTS. I took CELPIP and it was really easy except for the speaking part which I think is so limited in time. I have also attended an IELTS 101 and I've read materials as well so I know how it goes.
Hi, Thanks.

Yes I use computer for my work daily. So Using a those stuff would be fine for me but I am wondering how difficult or easy from IELTS exam.

Does any one have CELPIP material to practice? Please share with me. thank you so much!

Kiranmai

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
From my point of view, CELPIP is easier than IELTS in most categories: writing, reading and listening. I found the speaking part quite challenging because I didn't know how to manage the time accordingly and I ran out of time (as many here). In speaking, you have 30 minutes to answers 16 questions, which 15 of them are up to 40 sec, and only one up to 2 minutes (at the end). BUT, the speaking section has 5 "internal sections" where test takers (the voice you're listening) introduce and explain the next section. It consumes your time! Also, there is 1 listening at the end and you will be forced to listen it twice, even though you don't want to. Conclusion, be careful because you don't have too much time after all.

Summary: If you have enough skills to go through all the speaking questions without thinking too much, CELPIP fits perfectly well for you. If you need interaction with a human in order to create empathy and speak clearly, without pressure, therefore go for IELTS.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
maxmoore said:
From my point of view, CELPIP is easier than IELTS in most categories: writing, reading and listening. I found the speaking part quite challenging because I didn't know how to manage the time accordingly and I ran out of time (as many here). In speaking, you have 30 minutes to answers 16 questions, which 15 of them are up to 40 sec, and only one up to 2 minutes (at the end). BUT, the speaking section has 5 "internal sections" where test takers (the voice you're listening) introduce and explain the next section. It consumes your time! Also, there is 1 listening at the end and you will be forced to listen it twice, even though you don't want to. Conclusion, be careful because you don't have too much time after all.

Summary: If you have enough skills to go through all the speaking questions without thinking too much, CELPIP fits perfectly well for you. If you need interaction with a human in order to create empathy and speak clearly, without pressure, therefore go for IELTS.
Really...good info.

Do you have any material to practice this test?

Thanks

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
During the registration process, you will be prompted with a few options regarding materials. I strongly recommend you to buy their 2 online full tests. Those tests are quite similar to the real one you'll face (remember, the online tests allow you to skip sections and that's not going to happen during the real test).

I think It costs $25 or so. You'll receive your credentials by email (username/password). That's all you need.

Good luck! I'm still waiting for the result (I took it last weekend).

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
maxmoore said:
During the registration process, you will be prompted with a few options regarding materials. I strongly recommend you to buy their 2 online full tests. Those tests are quite similar to the real one you'll face (remember, the online tests allow you to skip sections and that's not going to happen during the real test).

I think It costs $25 or so. You'll receive your credentials by email (username/password). That's all you need.

Good luck! I'm still waiting for the result (I took it last weekend).
Thanks for the info..

If you took it already I think you can still access to the material. Is it possible for you to share it me?

And did you feel Speaking module is difficult?

Ashu_Here

Apr 22, 2015
maxmoore said:

Thank you very much! Very informative.