Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-11-2016
Med's Done....
25-11-2016
Dear All,
I need your help at the earliest.
I am ontario nominated and my IELTS results will expire in March.I retook IELTS but my score came down by.5 and when i am calculationg my points, its lower than 400. OINP says that you have to intimate us if ur score goes down . will my nomination get cancelled? whom should i inform about my scores? only cic through cse? my nomination is valid for one month after my previous result expires.
please guide! I am in distress. i am nov aor

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ajku said:
Dear All,
I am ontario nominated and my IELTS results will expire in March.I retook IELTS but my score came down by.5 and when i am calculationg my points, its lower than 400. OINP says that you have to intimate us if ur score goes down . will my nomination get cancelled? whom should i inform about my scores? only cic through cse? my nomination is valid for one month after my previous result expires.
If you have ITA submit eapr AT THE EARLIEST.Once you submit eapr before expiry of IELTS there is no need for another IELTS score. The pcc,eca and ielts do not expire after application is filed

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Ajku said:
Dear All,
why did you sit for another ielts if you already got an AOR?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Ajku said:
Dear All,
Can you attempt to take the IELTS again this month? You said old one expires in March so you still have one month or so left.

If not try to submit your application as soon as possible as this should freeze everything

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
FOR O-PNP

1. Your score on the day you got Invite is counted, It wont matter if it reduces or not.
2. Your EE profile will be ineligible if your ielts expire, that Cannot happen.
So update EE profile with new score(which is less,but no problem). Once you get nomination
you will anyways have more score.
3. Retake ielts: If you are not sure about gettting nominated then retake ielts only to get direct ITA.
4. If you are already nominated(last week or so after previous draw) just wait till you get ita and submit application, and then update in EE, again
you will not face any problem.

+1 if this helps.

PrincessR

Jan 16, 2020
FOR O-PNP

1. Your score on the day you got Invite is counted, It wont matter if it reduces or not.
2. Your EE profile will be ineligible if your ielts expire, that Cannot happen.
So update EE profile with new score(which is less,but no problem). Once you get nomination
you will anyways have more score.
3. Retake ielts: If you are not sure about gettting nominated then retake ielts only to get direct ITA.
4. If you are already nominated(last week or so after previous draw) just wait till you get ita and submit application, and then update in EE, again
you will not face any problem.

+1 if this helps.
Do they take back nomination if you got lower ielts result? How was your experience on this?

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hello guys,

I got my NOI for OINP - Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw on Feb 16, 2021. I submitted my application today March 19, 2021. CRS score : 460
NOC: 2147.

I have provided all the documents as per the requirements. However, I have a problem with IELTS expiration which is due on March 23, 2021. Though My IELTS is valid on NOI date and OINP Application submission date, it is going to expire just 4 days after OINP application submission and payment.

I have taken an exam on March 14 (results announced today March 19), but unfortunately I could not get my past score of CLB 9 in Writing which missed by 0.5 and it reduced to CLB 8, other sections are Listening - CLB 10, Reading - CLB 10 and Speaking - CLB 9 (all are same as previous IELTS result) , if i have to update this result now to keep my Express Entry profile active then score drops significantly to 403.

I have submitted an Letter of Explanation today , mentioning I have my IELTs valid till date for OINP and I will update my EE profile once new IELTS is done to keep my EE profile active. (did not mention about the today's result which I have now).

As per OINP at the time of submission IELTS should not be more than 2 years old which is met in my case.
Will it be a problem if OINP checks my EE profile and finds that score has become less now (before I update next test result)?

What if I may take some time to get back that 0.5 extra to CLB 9 in writing, when ideally OINP starts looking at our documents and EE profile after application submission?

Please provide genuine inputs.

Thanks

Revb

Feb 12, 2024
Hello guys,

I got my NOI for OINP - Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw on Feb 16, 2021. I submitted my application today March 19, 2021. CRS score : 460
NOC: 2147.

I have provided all the documents as per the requirements. However, I have a problem with IELTS expiration which is due on March 23, 2021. Though My IELTS is valid on NOI date and OINP Application submission date, it is going to expire just 4 days after OINP application submission and payment.

I have taken an exam on March 14 (results announced today March 19), but unfortunately I could not get my past score of CLB 9 in Writing which missed by 0.5 and it reduced to CLB 8, other sections are Listening - CLB 10, Reading - CLB 10 and Speaking - CLB 9 (all are same as previous IELTS result) , if i have to update this result now to keep my Express Entry profile active then score drops significantly to 403.

I have submitted an Letter of Explanation today , mentioning I have my IELTs valid till date for OINP and I will update my EE profile once new IELTS is done to keep my EE profile active. (did not mention about the today's result which I have now).

As per OINP at the time of submission IELTS should not be more than 2 years old which is met in my case.
Will it be a problem if OINP checks my EE profile and finds that score has become less now (before I update next test result)?

What if I may take some time to get back that 0.5 extra to CLB 9 in writing, when ideally OINP starts looking at our documents and EE profile after application submission?

Please provide genuine inputs.

Thanks
Hi Sussie,

I have the same doubt now, can you help me with what you did, would really appreciate your response, thank you.