+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC working holiday VISA vs WORK PERMIT

offspring1984

Nov 19, 2014
Hi! My name is Agustin, im from Argentina, and me and my wife are both approved to go to Canada for IEC working holiday for up to 1 year. The problem is that today as we got our passports, we realized that there is a difference in the expiration date of our visas. Mine says that its good between 31/10/2014 to 30/11/2015 (DD/MM/YY), my wife is good from 03/11/2014 (DD/MM/YY) to 30/07/2016... now according to the instruction given to us we need to print the point of entry letter and get our work permits on our arrival to Canada (exp to be July 5th). We would like to work for the whole year (as IEC work permit is from 6 months to 1 year, so minimum stay is 6 months!!!) what does this means?? why did they screwed my visa?? does that means i have to leave in november and leave my wife there??? Is the work permit different from the visa itself? Please help me as im very dissapointed at this moment.

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

offspring1984 said:
Hi! My name is Agustin, im from Argentina, and me and my wife are both approved to go to Canada for IEC working holiday for up to 1 year. The problem is that today as we got our passports, we realized that there is a difference in the expiration date of our visas. Mine says that its good between 31/10/2014 to 30/11/2015 (DD/MM/YY), my wife is good from 03/11/2014 (DD/MM/YY) to 30/07/2016... now according to the instruction given to us we need to print the point of entry letter and get our work permits on our arrival to Canada (exp to be July 5th). We would like to work for the whole year (as IEC work permit is from 6 months to 1 year, so minimum stay is 6 months!!!) what does this means?? why did they screwed my visa?? does that means i have to leave in november and leave my wife there??? Is the work permit different from the visa itself? Please help me as im very dissapointed at this moment.

Thank you!
1. You are confusing the TRV which was issued for your ENTRY to Canada and the IEC work permit that will be issued on Entry.
2. Your TRVs mean that you have enter Canada before 30/11/15 and your wife before 30/07/15. The IEC work permit will be issued for 1 year on the date you enter Canada. It is not connected to the date of the expiry of the TRV.

offspring1984

Nov 19, 2014
Thank you very much! i was very confused when i saw that. Now i have another question, since we are under IEC, and i know that cannot be extended for over a year, what chances do i have in case that i do well and want to stay longer? for how long do i need to leave Canada before i can enter again? and can my wife or i get a apply for a study visa? im concerned about that, since im familiar with the procedures regarding LMO and my wife is interested in studying a full degree career or continue studies there after IEC visa is over.

may_arg

Nov 22, 2014
Hola Agustin. aplicaste online por el permiso, verdad? soy argentina y el 11 de nov fui con el dr lantos a hacer mis examenes pero hasta entonces no obtuve respuesta de mycic online, solo mi estatus cambio a "passed" cuanto esperaste despues de los examenes medicos a que te den algun aviso? ojala puedas ayudarme desespera la espera.

offspring1984

Nov 19, 2014
Hola, la verdad fue bastant rapido, menos del tiempo estipulado, como esta la situacion ahora?? yo viajo en Junio a EEUU y los primeros dias de julio me cruzo a Toronto.

Saludos

jgore

Feb 24, 2016
offspring1984 said:
Hola, la verdad fue bastant rapido, menos del tiempo estipulado, como esta la situacion ahora?? yo viajo en Junio a EEUU y los primeros dias de julio me cruzo a Toronto.

Saludos
Hola.

Cómo hiciste para obtener la Working Holiday Visa?. Soy de buenos aires. Gracias.