+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(IEC) Working Holiday Application, coming from Sweden

robertj01

Sep 30, 2015
Hello,

My fiance has recently applied for the Working Holiday Visa and the application ends on a confusing note. Last year, I applied for the same visa but rather into Sweden and now my fiance is doing the opposite. When I applied, I provided the dates that I wished to be in Sweden for... however when she just applied, there was no request of desired dates to stay in Canada?

This is concerning as she will be visiting Canada next month and hopes to have the visa accepted the month after that, while in Canada. The application to come into Canada on this Visa seemed very different for her in comparison to mine, with a lot more documents and work needed to complete it.

So basically, my questions are... Did we do this right? Is she suppose to get accepted and then pick the desired dates? Is it just one year after entry? Also, as she is coming into Canada on a tourist visa - we will have to make a road trip down across the US border in order for her to enter the country on the IEC visa correct?

This is all part of a grand plan (visiting to Canada, getting accepted for the IEC Visa, getting married, applying for PR) and its been a journey trying to figure this all out. I really appreciate everyone's help here.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

robertj01 said:
Hello,

My fiance has recently applied for the Working Holiday Visa and the application ends on a confusing note. Last year, I applied for the same visa but rather into Sweden and now my fiance is doing the opposite. When I applied, I provided the dates that I wished to be in Sweden for... however when she just applied, there was no request of desired dates to stay in Canada?

This is concerning as she will be visiting Canada next month and hopes to have the visa accepted the month after that, while in Canada. The application to come into Canada on this Visa seemed very different for her in comparison to mine, with a lot more documents and work needed to complete it.

So basically, my questions are... Did we do this right? Is she suppose to get accepted and then pick the desired dates? Is it just one year after entry? Also, as she is coming into Canada on a tourist visa - we will have to make a road trip down across the US border in order for her to enter the country on the IEC visa correct?

This is all part of a grand plan (visiting to Canada, getting accepted for the IEC Visa, getting married, applying for PR) and its been a journey trying to figure this all out. I really appreciate everyone's help here.
1. If she is accepted for the IEC, she will be issued a letter of invitation, which will be valid for presentation for 1 year. So she presents that letter on entry to Canada and if she has the insurance and proof of funds, she will be issued an open work permit valid for 1 year. She doesn't pick dates.
2. If she gets the LOI while she is in Canada, she can go to a border office and have the work permit issued.

robertj01

Sep 30, 2015
Thankyou very much for clearing that up. How can we ensure that the LOI is sent to my Canadian address, as her residence information on her application is her Swedish address?

Again, thanks!