+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC/WHP return ticket???

Sep 19, 2012
Hi all,

I am a New Zealand citizen and arrived in Canada late July this year.
I am about to receive my LOI in a week or so (hopefully) but as I arrived here as a visitor my return ticket was for 4 months.
Now I have tried talking to the airlines (qantas) to extend the ticket beyond one year but Aviation rules apparently don't allow for it to be extended beyond 1 year.
And one of conditions for WHP to be issued at Port of entry is to have a valid one year ticket back to home country.
Or it says have a proof of onward travel.
Once my WHP expires next year I plan to travel US for a bit before I head back to New Zealand.
My question is if I bought a one way ticket for next year to LA from Canada would that be enough or should I go and buy a complete ticket from here to Auckland with a stop over in LA? I mean at port of entry I don't want my WHP to be rejected just because of the ticket.
Thanks for the help in advance...

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
hi

I am from hong kong holding working hoiday visa and i did not buy the return ticket to met the Visa officer.And you already applied the Visa and you must attached your bank information to proof that
you can stay so it's not necessary to do that. They just want to make sure you back home after but if you have money that's not a problem.
Just show them i have money to return and i want to travel somewhere else after so i didn't buy the return ticket if they ask!!!! I met many peoples here and they didn't buy the return ticket as well.